LAMH issues

Hello all,

Has anyone used the LAMH Wolf (or other products)?  I purchased it a little while ago and tried it last week, but the fur isn't rendering.  I went through the tutorial and registered the product, loaded the script window and, as far as I can tell, should be seeing a furry wolf.  But all I see are the base textures.

I do see the splines in the texture view, just nothing when I switch to iray or do an iray render.

The documentation isn't clear on what the proper settings are, but I tried it out of the box, tried the various export options, and the results are all the same.

I tried to email the LAMH support but my email bounced with a "no such address" error.

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387

Did you use the catalyzer plugin and preset, and render using the "render" button in catalyzer, not the regular "render" command?

Or did you use the "regular" LAMH preset? Because regular LAMH presets won't render in Iray, you have to export the hair as obj and use the obj to render

• I see.  Yes, I used the regular preset and tried to render in iray.  So, I need to export from the LAMH window to an obj.  I will try that.  Thanks!

• Hello all,

Has anyone used the LAMH Wolf (or other products)?  I purchased it a little while ago and tried it last week, but the fur isn't rendering.  I went through the tutorial and registered the product, loaded the script window and, as far as I can tell, should be seeing a furry wolf.  But all I see are the base textures.

I do see the splines in the texture view, just nothing when I switch to iray or do an iray render.

The documentation isn't clear on what the proper settings are, but I tried it out of the box, tried the various export options, and the results are all the same.

I tried to email the LAMH support but my email bounced with a "no such address" error.

I asked the same question too I got a few more replies that I thought you might find interesting as well: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/445686/lamh-look-at-my-hair-and-iray-tutorial#latest

I reaaaaaaly hope they find a way to make LAMH functional in Iray some day soon.