Save and continue rendering

Maybe this is already possible, but I would like to be able to save and continue rendering. Sometimes I want to take a look at my render after a couple of hundred iterations in comparison to some other images. Right now I have to render, abort, save and then restart the render because the render closes when I save it.

Comments

• efron_24efron_24 Posts: 474

Idem... Had the same idea..

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898
    edited October 2020

You can do this already!

Pause ("cancel") you render, then go to /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp (or whatever the Windows equivalent is) and you will find your render as a PNG. Make a copy of the image somewhere else. Go back to DAZ and resume your render.

Post edited by Hylas on
  • Hylas said:

You can do this already!

Pause ("cancel") you render, then go to /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp (or whatever the Windows equivalent is) and you will find your render as a PNG. Make a copy of the image somewhere else. Go back to DAZ and resume your render.

The path on a Windows system would be something like: C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\render or paste %APPDATA%\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\render into the address bar of Windows Explorer.

After pausing you can also save the render using the menu File→Save Last Render... and use Resume in your render window afterwards.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    After pausing you can also save the render using the menu File→Save Last Render... and use Resume in your render window afterwards.

I've never done anything else. Ever since the Render Library was added to the render window, new users seem to never look any further to discover alternative (and IMHO better) ways of doing things.

• The File -> Save Last Reder + Resume works perfectly! Thanks!

• Are we able to have DAZ AUTOMATICALLY save a Rendering once it's completed?

• bobby77 said:

Are we able to have DAZ AUTOMATICALLY save a Rendering once it's completed?

Window>Panes(Tabs)>Render Album will save renders, up to a certain size, during the session - but they get deleted on exit (or restart following a crash). A script could do the render, then save the image.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,848

Scripts in the store to render and save images:

Render Doctor
    ManFriday's Render Queue (It is very easy to use to render and save the current scene or any saved scene(s). It can optionally shutdown the computer after the  queue is rendered.)