Hexagon sword Tutorial

13»

Comments

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Thank you Patience - full detail explanation, as always:)

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Roygee said:
    Thank you Patience - full detail explanation, as always:)

You're quite welcome.

• wasabiwasabi Posts: 36
    edited August 2014

Daz Studio - Export

Please click on images to view full screen.

Export only the right hand, not body because Hexagon crash everytime with a big mesh.
    How to ?
    In the scene panel hide all parts of body but not the hand and export in hexagon.

Post edited by wasabi on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

dazwasa said:
    Daz Studio - Export

Please click on images to view full screen.

Export only the right hand, not body because Hexagon crash everytime with a big mesh.
    How to ?
    In the scene panel hide all parts of body but not the hand and export in hexagon.

Can try using "no DG" in Hexagon.
    Also in D/S, "no" clothes, "no textures on model", and export "base resolution mesh".
    If that will then load in your Hexagon, select the faces not required, and delete them.
    Save a project file.

no_dg.png
    321 x 313 - 16K
  • CherubitCherubit Posts: 982

Thank you John! :D

• The tutorial is really interesting and very educational especially for those who do not speak English.
    but it is thwarted by the stupid, (really stupid) editorial choice, to publish the small figures.
    It is NOT reading anything.
    Is it possible to recover the original figures in some way?
    thank you.

[email protected]

• Dan, if you click on the picture it will be loaded a new window - full screen.

• HarbadixHarbadix Posts: 126

This looks like just what I have been looking for with regards making a blade but I cant see the images (clicking on them doesnt open up the full size images) does anyone have the full size images?

• I Just tried and they open in a new tab. I'm using Google, maybe it depends on the brower you are using, I'm no techy so take what I say with a pinch of salt.

• Images open in a new tab in Firefox as well. n.b. one does have to be signed in for any of the forum features to work.

• Catherine - I know, uploading images and editing posts (or worse deleting them) are a pain.

I have trouble uploading larger images, I know there is a way to do it but I'm too old and thnk to get my head around it sad

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,010
    edited October 2021

Wee Dangerous John said:

Catherine - I know, uploading images and editing posts (or worse deleting them) are a pain.

I have trouble uploading larger images, I know there is a way to do it but I'm too old and thnk to get my head around it sad

Okay I'll use this post to illustrate.

First one has a large image [not silly large, there are limits but say larger than 1000 x 1000].

One clicks on the "Attach a File" - it then presents an option to "Browse" ... so Browse and select one item. The system will then attach a thumbnail to the post, "Post Comment."

Then click on the thumbnail to get it on its own tab. Copy the URL.

Then Edit the Post, and select that little picture box at the top of the typring box. Paste the url to the box, I use the keyboard Ctrl + V.

Then click on the Preview where the image should be. That will cause the size of it to appear beside it. Resize the larger portion to be no more than 800 tops, less if appropriate. Then OK, then Save Comment.

After saving, Refresh your page once or twice so the ability to click on the image to bring up the full image happens.

008 buffer zone.png
    1600 x 868 - 424K
    Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • Thanks Catherine, now I know the instructions are here I'll give it a try.

I normally give PSP a feather (6 for 2048), then if a seam is troublesome I take it into Blacksmith3D, which normally sorts them out.

• Oh that just happened to be an image I had handy to illustrate the loading of a large image ;-)

Certainly if feathering is working, that's great.