Rendering a large amount of images. Help me please!

vbtdvbtd Posts: 0

Hi everyone!

I must render a large number of images by configuring a scene in a script and calling the render() method from DzRenderer. I'm rendering them with iray.
I faced with two problems and couldn't find a solution on my own.
1. Sometimes the scene is too complex so the rendering of single image can take a long time. It is necessary to somehow automatically cancel rendering if it lasts a very long time. Is it possible to track the rate of change of iterations when calling render() method? The MaxTime parameter from the render settings is not my solution :(
2. I noticed that with sequential rendering, sometimes there are problems with clearing memory in the GPU. It looks like the memory accumulates with each new picture, but sometimes it clears normally. Is there some way to control this?

Post edited by vbtd on

Comments

• vbtd said:

Hi everyone!

I must render a large number of images by configuring a scene in a script and calling the render() method from DzRenderer. I'm rendering them with iray.
    I faced with two problems and couldn't find a solution on my own.
    1. Sometimes the scene is too complex so the rendering of single image can take a long time. It is necessary to somehow automatically cancel rendering if it lasts a very long time. Is it possible to track the rate of change of iterations when calling render() method? The MaxTime parameter from the render settings is not my solution :(
    2. I noticed that with sequential rendering, sometimes there are problems with clearing memory in the GPU. It looks like the memory accumulates with each new picture, but sometimes it clears normally. Is there some way to control this?

Hi vbtd,

Does your process require that you write a script to do what you want? There are plugins in the Daz market designed for optimizing your renderings.

Here are two Daz products that may help (at the time of this writing the total cost for both plugins was under $35.00 without the membership discounts): 

Render Doctor by RiverSoft Art - https://www.daz3d.com/render-doctor

I highly recommend purchasing Render Doctor which works in all render modes and is packed with features. This tool makes rendering multiple files/cameras/viewports easy. 

Iray Stand Kit by 3Divahttps://www.daz3d.com/iray-stand-kit

This tool will isolate areas of your scene for quicker rendering time. This is useful for large scene renderings.

I hope this helps. 

If you are still set on writing a script, then you may consider providing some sample code so everyone can see exactly what you're referring to.

Also, I found this Multipass Iray Renderer on the forums:

Modified from mCasual/Jacques's mcjListRender.dsa by Butaixianran

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/451996/free-script-simple-multi-pass-render-iray#latest

It has an MIT license; maybe you can fork something from it.

Glen