Bubblegum Hair Mats?

tiggerspringstiggersprings Posts: 304
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi,

This hair came with the Carrara Pro bundle, but I can't find the materials in Carrara. Can someone help? Please? :red:

http://www.daz3d.com/pure-hair-bubblegum

Thanks.

Comments

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,716
    edited July 2014

It should be at the next level below the hair (see attached image). Most of the time (but not always) the materials will be the next level below the item, though sometimes the materials do show up in the materials category (for Genesis/Genesis2).

PH_Bubblegum.JPG
    1193 x 162 - 71K
    Post edited by DustRider on
  • tiggerspringstiggersprings Posts: 304
    edited July 2014

LOL Thanks. Here's the pic.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/43883/P15/#652185

You're a life-saver. ;-)

Post edited by tiggersprings on
  • DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,716
    edited December 1969

Glad it worked for you! When I read your post, I thought that was probably the problem, having done the same myself.

Both of your first two pics are really great. I wish my first render with Carrara looked that good!

edited December 1969

Getting used to the Daz Library organization for Genesis/Carrara stuff will probably take some getting used to for this die-hard Poser user. LOL

Thank you, that's very kind of you to say. It probably helps that I'm not a total 3D newbie. Although, right now, it doesn't feel like it.

Thanks for your help!

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited July 2014

Getting used to the Daz Library organization for Genesis/Carrara stuff will probably take some getting used to for this die-hard Poser user. LOL

Thank you, that's very kind of you to say. It probably helps that I'm not a total 3D newbie. Although, right now, it doesn't feel like it.

Thanks for your help!

The Smart Content tab in the Browser is going to be more of the DAZ way to do things. The Content tab is going to more like the Poser way of doing things, since that's where runtimes are loaded. The other tabs are Carrara's way of doing things going back to before DAZ bought Carrara from Eovia.

For traditional Poser style figures, such as M4, A3 etc. I don't have access to Genesis as I use C7.2 pro. I usually load my figure, apply my morphs and tweak my shaders. If it's a specific character with a specific wardrobe I want to use later, I'll group the figure with all the conforming clothes, hair, etc. and drag and drop the group into a directory in the Objects browser. If it's just the figure I want to save, I drag and drop the figure into the directory in the Objects Browser. You can create your own directory for specific figures anywhere on your hard drive you like, then use the little black icon on the far top right of the Browser window to add the folder. It will appear at the bottom of the list.

Post edited by evilproducer on
    edited December 1969

Thanks. :)

I often save figures to my Poser library if I'll be using a certain figure again. I haven't done that with Carrara yet. I haven't even brought in my Poser runtimes yet. I just installed all the stuff bundled with Carrara and have been slowly poking away with it's built-in stuff and the bundle stuff. LOL