More Camera Effects, Please

BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

I'm looking for cameras that effect perspective, like a fisheye camera. In comics, artists skew perspective to create dynamic panels, create a feel of movement and so on. Right now comics made with 3d are very static. A camera that effects perspective could really open a lot of possibilities.

Comments

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226
    edited December 1969

I'm looking for cameras that effect perspective, like a fisheye camera. In comics, artists skew perspective to create dynamic panels, create a feel of movement and so on. Right now comics made with 3d are very static. A camera that effects perspective could really open a lot of possibilities.

Are you interested in a particular program like Daz Studio? I use Carrara, which has three camera types: conical (zoom 6 to 500 mm), isometric, and spherical. The renders below are with the spherical and the conical [@ 6mm]. Both are the inside of a cube with a simple brick type shader.

I agree more camera types is an interesting idea.

Carrara_Cube_Interior_Spherical.jpg
    640 x 480 - 32K
    Carrara_Cube_Interior_Conical_Zoom_6mm.jpg
    640 x 480 - 23K
  • BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

Yeah, for DAZ Studio 4

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You can alter the focal length of the lens in any camera in DAZ Studio. The default is 65mm, but if you use the slider to reduce that in the Parameters pane, you can get a fisheye effect.