I can't get the latest version of the Unreal bridge to work properly

edited October 2020 in Unreal Discussion

Hello,

I downloaded the latest build of the Unreal bridge from the git repository. Then I ran the cmake-gui to create the Visual Studio 2017 solution which compiles and builds successfully. However, the menu item does not appear on the Edit menu as it did in a previous build.

One thing that I noticed is that there are no _moc files and the custom build tools does not appear in the project, making it difficult to add the moc pre-compiler.

My next thought was to try to generate the _moc files from the command line so I added the path to the SDK to the Windows path.

Then I launched a command window as an administrator (ie with elevation) and browsed to the source folder and ran the command below.

moc "N:\DazToRuntime-master\Unreal\DazStudioPlugin\DzUnrealSubdivisionDialog.h" -o .\moc\DzUnrealSubdivisionDialog_moc.cpp

The response that I get is as follows:

Qt: Untested Windows version 6.2 detected!
moc: Cannot create .\moc\DzUnrealSubdivisionDialog_moc.cpp

What am I doing wrong?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Moved to Unreal Discussion as it is not a Daz Studio SDK question.

• Oh, sorry... I thought that the moc tool (moc.exe) was a Daz Studio SDK tool.

Thank you!

• I manually downloaded the latest build of the SDK and it seems to be working now.

• You can always export your characters and animations as an FBX and import them into Unreal.  I have great success with this method with few issues.  Here is a Genesis 8 Female character imported into Unreal.