Eyes won't pose or move (fixed - for now)

WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,741
edited November 2020 in The Commons

Never had this problem before so assuming it's some weird setting I missed ... but I can't get my character's eyes to move, even if I 'point to camera'. Ideas as to what I did?

Post edited by WillowRaven on

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,990
    edited October 2020

Have you checked if you accidently locked the eye joints?

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,741
    BeeMKay said:

Have you checked if you accidently locked the eye joints?

How would I check if I did or didn't do that? Never had it happen before so it's likely I hit something unintentionally.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

You just check the eyes and see if their rotations are locked.

I had that happen once when a one-click pose locked the eyes.  IIRC I had to zero the character to fix it.

That doesn't appear to be the problem :( I also re-applied all morphs just to make sure I didn't forget early on.

• I've had that happen, but it was several years ago.  I never resolved it and had to rebuild the scene.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,505

Which character? (Genesis 1-8?)

These come to mind;

-Eyes are pointing at something
    -Rotations are locked
    -Minimum and maximum in rotations has been changed to be the same

I've had that happen, but it was several years ago.  I never resolved it and had to rebuild the scene.

Ugh ... Not what I want to hear right now, lol.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,797

are you moving them with the pose controls in the parameter settings or the xyz movements in the "general of parameter? bothe places can be locked or if one of them is posed oddly it contradicts the movement of the other is hempered.

If nothing else helps, do you have the character saved separately, then try to load the character again to replace the one who doesn't budge the eyes

Linwelly said:

are you moving them with the pose controls in the parameter settings or the xyz movements in the "general of parameter? bothe places can be locked or if one of them is posed oddly it contradicts the movement of the other is hempered.

If nothing else helps, do you have the character saved separately, then try to load the character again to replace the one who doesn't budge the eyes

First I tried an eye 'pose'. When that didn't do anything, I tried 'pointing' it to the camera. Still nothing. I zeroed the expression. I've reloaded morphs. I don't see anything locked and am totally frustrated.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,735

This one has an "Unlock All Bones Rotations option", maybe it can do it:

Ultimate Pose Mixer  -  https://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/053343  

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

Did you try clicking on an eye and using XYZ in parameters on it? 

can you give us a screenshot with the parameter settings and the character head in it?

wait... wasn't there somethign up with eye movements and characters bein far from zero point, how far is your character from Zero point?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,197
    Linwelly said:

wait... wasn't there somethign up with eye movements and characters bein far from zero point, how far is your character from Zero point?

As far as I know, the issue is only with rendering, not anything to do with posing. 

I haven't rendered yet, so it's a posing problem.

I am out of ideas. No matter what I do, the eyes will not pose.

• What do you use? V4, Genesis, other... ?

Does that character works fine in other/new scenes?

I still prefer V4. And yes, the eyes have worked in every other scene till this one. And suddenly, just now, after my latest post, after a week of frustration ... they are posing again. I wish I knew what fixed it so I can repeat the fix if it ever happens again. I also wish I knew what I did to cause the problem to begin with so I can avoid the stress.

• Studio SmithyStudio Smithy Posts: 9
    edited April 16

I know this is an older post, but I just encountered the same problem and I located a fix for me. I selected each eye and checked the constraint setting in the parameters tab. Turns out I had set the contraint so the eyes would be focused on an object (and yes, I forgot I had done this) and this was preventing the eyes from moving. I reset each to "None" and the problem was solved.

I hope this helps someone!

Post edited by Studio Smithy on