Carrara Animation "The Panic" - Full Six Minute video

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

Awesome!!! It's a Perfect Time to Panic!!!

I especially loved the grafitti at the end - TiPanic!!! LOL

Very nice film, my friend!

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226

Thanks.  The yacht model was an inspiration, that thing is huge and detailed.  All the yacht scenes were done with the same model - helicopter deck, elevator, pool deck, suite with slide out balcony, engine room, full gym, movie theater, etc.  And more areas I didn't use.

I agree with this reviewer:

"It would be difficult for me to avoid repeating nearly all the praise this product has already received from other reviews here.  I put off buying this beauty for quite a while because it was pretty pricey (at least for my pocketbook).  [$45 full price, routinely on sale]  When I saw it on sale one day, I took the plunge.  Having done numerous Daz Studio renders with it since then, I realize that, even at full price, this yacht is absolutely worth the investment.  There are so many well-executed environments contained within this product, what you're really buying is an amazing variety of rendering opportunities.  This is a purchase you won't regret."

You know, Dart and Rosie could probably use a nice Yacht like that! :)

Be careful what you wish for.  We had a cruising sailboat for years, docked at a marina. We had a lot of fun with it, but it eventually became a white elephant, more maintenance & slip rental than enjoyment.  We finally sold cheap it to a friend who started the fun/white elephant cycle all over.  More than one boat owner has said they had two good days, the day they bought it and the day they sold it.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156
    edited October 2020

Good work, Steve! That is a nice boat.

Post edited by Torquinox on
    Torquinox said:

Good work, Steve! That is a nice boat.

Thanks.  It turns out a virtual yacht is a lot less expensive than a real one.  Our little Ericson 27 was expensive enough, but I was surprised once while sailing in to the marina near Houston to see a huge sailing yacht tied up at the visitor dock.  I forget the name on the stern, but the home port was "Jersey, CI".  As we sailed past I asked someone on the deck "What is CI?"  He said "Channel Islands" (in the English Channel).  I said "Oh."   I decided not to brag about having sailed to Corpus Christi and back.

Steve K said:

Be careful what you wish for.  We had a cruising sailboat for years, docked at a marina. We had a lot of fun with it, but it eventually became a white elephant, more maintenance & slip rental than enjoyment.  We finally sold cheap it to a friend who started the fun/white elephant cycle all over.  More than one boat owner has said they had two good days, the day they bought it and the day they sold it.

LOL! I was referring to digital action/adventure Dart and Rosie! :)

Steve K said:

LOL! I was referring to digital action/adventure Dart and Rosie! :)

Ah, yes.  As I mentioned, a virtual boat is a lot less expensive.  E.g. you don't have to get the bottom painted every few years ... 

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156

A real boat is a lot of work! Virtual boat is much better.

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235

Great job Steve K! Thanks for posting the full version for us.

Thanks, folks, glad you enjoyed it.