Viking for Genesis?

Cenobite451Cenobite451 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

I was absolutely ecstatic a few days back when the Shieldmaiden outfit was given a G1 version, and the product description for Hagbard and Signe seemed to imply that similar treatment was on the way for the male counterpart. That description has since been edited though, and no longer implies anything of the sort no matter how hard you squint.

So what I'm wondering is, does that mean a G1 version is off the table? Was it ever on the table? If not - could it be?

Comments

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

Viking for Gen2M doesn't come with a Genesis version, I'm afraid. The description from the texture set states:

Hagbard and Signe were the Viking Romeo and Juliet, only with a lot more violence, tragedy and deaths.

This set of historically-inspired 3D Viking era costumes for the Shieldmaiden for Genesis Female, Shieldmaiden for Genesis 2 Females and Viking for Genesis 2 Males is intended as an homage to these lovers, who are still feted in folk song throughout Scandinavia today.

So clearly, while Shieldmaiden has a Genesis version, Viking doesn't. At least at this point. Sad.

• Cenobite451Cenobite451 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

... did you actually read my post? 8-/

As stated, the original description for Hagbard and Signe implied that, like the Shieldmaiden, the Viking outfit would have a G1 version forthcoming. The version you've quoted is the current, modified one. The fact that it was changed suggests that either the original implication was unintentional, or there was a change of plans for whatever reason. I have no way of knowing which though, and this seemed like a reasonable place to bring it up.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

As stated, the original description for Hagbard and Signe implied that, like the Shieldmaiden, the Viking outfit would have a G1 version forthcoming. The version you've quoted is the current, modified one. The fact that it was changed suggests that either the original implication was unintentional, or there was a change of plans for whatever reason. I have no way of knowing which though, and this seemed like a reasonable place to bring it up.

The original description was wrong, unfortunately. I was also hoping for a G1 version.

• Cenobite451Cenobite451 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Aww...

Well, at least that means I posted this in the right place, 'cause this is now officially a product suggestion. :-)

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Seconded. If this were released for G1, I'd also buy all the texture sets (like I already have for the Shieldmaiden).

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

Seconded. If this were released for G1, I'd also buy all the texture sets (like I already have for the Shieldmaiden).

Same here.

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

Of course I did. And quoted the current version as clearly the vendor wanted to make sure everybody understood only Shieldmaiden supports Genesis.