Handling Genesis Content

2»

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,578
    edited December 1969

The only problem with moving entire categories is that it won't merge if you move it to the same place as a category with the same name. Other than that, you can move entire categories (with all their subcategories).

Yes, the files in the Support folder are only used to import the metadata -- once it's been imported, it stays even if you delete the Support folder. The only way to move it to Unassigned is to delete it from the current location.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Trake118 said:
    Hmmmm..... I like smart content, but I hate that content with meta data automatically gets categorized in the most horrible of ways. I want all of it in unassigned before I categorize it. Unfortunately right now some of it is in auto-categorized places which are always the worst possible ways to categorize. Is there a way to move all the auto-categorized stuff into the unassigned category but still leave the stuff I manually categorized myself in the categories I placed them in?

No, but what you can do is what I do. Disable the auto-import of Metadata.

To do so, go to Edit > Preferences > Startup and Uncheck the metadata import page.

Then, when you do "Scan Known Directories for Files" off of the content tab context menu, you'll get all the data in the Unassigned category. Categorize as desired. Then you can do a metadata re-import and you'll both have default metadata and the categories you've manually created out of the Unassigned variety.

201207231222_metadata_startup.png
    508 x 219 - 8K
  • Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

I wouldn't do it if I was you but if you really want everything in unassigned you just have to reset the Database then do what Adamr001 wrote

I tested a bit to create meta datas for things I made and categorize them. I find that task to be pretty much annoying but that's me. Good luck