? Do you use 8.5 release or 8.5 public beta? both old

I am reinstalling most of my Daz3D content.  In the DIM, there is a Carrara 8.5 Pro and a Carrara 8.5 Pro public Beta.  which do you use?

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited November 2020

both

beta with Octane render plugin and a couple plugins\extensions that crash release

release with all my plugins\extensions that crash it with Octane

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

Use the release. Have Beta installed but don't have all my plugins installed in it.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

I believe that the Beta is the latest Beta prior to the true release version, which is better finalized. As Bunyip02 says... I'd use that one. I haven't used the Beta since the Official release came out.

However, if you do like Wendy does, there's that advice as well... so whichever works for what you're doing ;)

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Thanks for the clarification.  I didn't realize what the relationship of that beta to the current release was.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

the release windows 64 bit.

honestly, i'm so unenamored of the site disfunctionality, dunno if i would buy carrara 9 or x

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156

Release 8.51 64-bit. I don't see any sign there is a 9 or x coming. Looks to me like they're very busy trying to turn DS into more of a full-on animation program. I guess that's good?

Torquinox said:

Release 8.51 64-bit. I don't see any sign there is a 9 or x coming. Looks to me like they're very busy trying to turn DS into more of a full-on animation program. I guess that's good?

That's the big thing. Daz Studio was their own thing from the start, and the developer was always keen on looking forward. They've had big plans for Studio from the start.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Torquinox said:

That's the big thing. Daz Studio was their own thing from the start, and the developer was always keen on looking forward. They've had big plans for Studio from the start.

bouncy bouncy, i remember ds couldnt move a cube across the floor smmothly.
    saw the bouncy pnenomena happen also in an old dreamight tutorial, so wasnt just my incompetence

if i have to learn a new animation s/w ds not on my list of choices

Mystiarra said:
    Torquinox said:

bouncy bouncy, i remember ds couldnt move a cube across the floor smmothly.
    saw the bouncy pnenomena happen also in an old dreamight tutorial, so wasnt just my incompetence

if i have to learn a new animation s/w ds not on my list of choices

You know, with the new Animation Release, I've been giving it quite a bit of a try. And then try again.

Strange, I keep going back to Steph's video on the Graph Editor looking for those buttons she uses to open the graph editor and, for some crazy reason I don't get them all the time - and without them I don't seem to get access to editable key frames. Drives me bonkers!

So after trying, trying some more, and then trying again... when I come back into Carrara I find everything just so much more animateable! :)

No need to find a secret handshake button that only shows up from time to time... just fling open the hierarchy - where I expect to find what I'm looking for, select stuff, delete keys without having to hit a special "-" button (or delete the whole figure? LOL) ... Argh!!! 

I'm trying to get into it... I really am! Thank goodness I have my good ol' Carrara!

Carrara seems to invite animation. DS invites naked people. Seems likely we'll get a lot of naked people dancing around. laugh

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

in a temple..........................................

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

with swords ........

• wearing high heels...

Indeed! laugh