followers

WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,713
edited November 2020 in Unreal Discussion

I tried making a follower but nobody follows 

I went step by step through a few tutorials adding a blackboard, a behaviour tree and an AI controller 

all the different nodes named as said etc, a nav mesh bounds volume 

tried to have two different third person blueprints one as the follower but they don't follow the just stand there idling

followed this video

irrelevent just venting but angry

sadly my neighbour stunk me out of my lounge with chemicals before I could try anything else, had to save and shut down my project, don't know when I can get back to it

they run a compressor and it smells like acetone, I thought they were cooking meth amphetamines but actually are doing something on their car but I have to go to the opposite end of my house and I don't get along with them so cannot say anything 

anyway if someone knows a better tutorial for dummies I can watch in my room and try it again when the air is clear crying

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Comments

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390

I tried making a follower but nobody follows 

I went step by step through a few tutorials adding a blackboard, a behaviour tree and an AI controller 

all the different nodes named as said etc, a nav mesh bounds volume 

tried to have two different third person blueprints one as the follower but they don't follow the just stand there idling

followed this video

irrelevent just venting but angry

sadly my neighbour stunk me out of my lounge with chemicals before I could try anything else, had to save and shut down my project, don't know when I can get back to it

they run a compressor and it smells like acetone, I thought they were cooking meth amphetamines but actually are doing something on their car but I have to go to the opposite end of my house and I don't get along with them so cannot say anything 

anyway if someone knows a better tutorial for dummies I can watch in my room and try it again when the air is clear crying

you can link later a image of your behavio tree and blackboards and also you ai controller and also animation blue print, well all the stuffs you did, can be good to see what was wrong, because make a ai follow you is not hard i've made it pretty easy.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,713
    edited November 2020

I will when I can

... was about to with that post when I suddenly had to close and shut everything down thanks to the neightbours

added that to explain why I hadn't after escaping to the other side of the house on my ipad blush

loading up Unreal now

am going to add a different Blueprint from the Paragon characters like they did in the video in case it's confusing the two

edit update no I have to shut down again and probably get out of the house

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • I deleted it all for now sorry

I will get back to this another time as stuff is too stressfull right now

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528

I have no idea, how to do this in Unreal, but in Unity you need to bake up navigation (walkable)

on the surfaces, you wish your AI character walk and follow the player.