Objects missing on the timeline

Daz 4.14 is the gift that keeps on giving. 

If I save a scene with some objects hidden, when I load it back those objects are gone from the timeline, I can't create/delete keyframes for them anymore.

In 4.12 I could unhide them and refresh the timeline and they would show up. 4.14 - they don't show up unless I resave the scene with them shown and reload it.

Anyone got a solution how to add those back without reloading?

Comments

• I just tried a scene with three primitives, animated them all, hid two, saved as a scene adn reloaded. All retained their keys.

• The keys are retained and are added via posing, but I can't see them in the timeline, can't add them manually/delete them. 

• The keys are retained and are added via posing, but I can't see them in the timeline, can't add them manually/delete them. 

Ah, I thought you meant they were gone - yes, they are hidden for me and I can't find a way to bring them back within the UI - saving and reloading, with the niodes visible, does seem to do the trick.

• VoidOVoidO Posts: 47

SOLUTION:

- Move your timeline to frame 0, the beggining of your animation.
    - Select, in the Scene pane, the object missing from the Timeline pane.
    - Press the "Delete" touch on your keyboard, which will delete your object alltogether.
    - Undo (CTRL-Z) which will undo the Delete by putting back the item at the bottom of your scene items, but doing so, will re-add it to the animation timeline.

• VoidO said:

SOLUTION:

- Press the "Delete" touch on your keyboard, which will delete your object alltogether.
    - Undo (CTRL-Z) which will undo the Delete by putting back the item at the bottom of your scene items, but doing so, will re-add it to the animation timeline.

Same problem (now I'm using 4.21 and the bug was not fixed yet). Thank you for the solution! 

• LegacyAFLegacyAF Posts: 8

There's a simple work around without deleting and undeleting your character.

1) Create a new empty object in the scene at frame 0. The empty object is present now on your timeline.

2) Move your missing objects into the empty object as child objects.

3) Right click your timeline object area and 'Refresh'.

4) The objects that were missing will now appear under the empty object you made and you may use them normally.

• VoidO said:

SOLUTION:

Who would have thought thatlaugh, it's fixed thoughyes. For me, it happened when changing from Animated(Custom) to Current Frame. By the way, this trick can fix weird item rotation as well. Thank you