Shirley Temple-style dress for kid Genesis 3 or 8 Female?

EightiesIsEnoughEightiesIsEnough Posts: 1,095
edited November 2020 in Product Suggestions

I am wondering if there is a Shirley Temple-style dress available for a kid Genesis 3 or 8 female?

Post edited by EightiesIsEnough on

Comments

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,032

As a little girl of the 50s, my mother constantly dressed me as Shirley Temple, along with permming my hair as well. I hated it. (I am a tee shirt and jeans person now.) I even had her stand-in as my 4th grade teacher in Los Angeles.

And yet, when I saw the clothes for The Kids 4, I saw those outfits I had to wear and bought them.

I understand that you can move those outfits up to G3 with auto-fit and then to G8 or something. I haven't tried it myself. 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032
    edited November 2020

Made specifically for the G3 or G8 in the DAZ Store? I don't think I've seen such. It's like memcneil70 said, you need to buy the Kids 4 clothing and various products needed to convert those clothes to G8.

I'm in the process of converting mine all to Genesis 8 now. It's not hard, you:

a) Load Genesis (male or female)

b) Load a piece of clothing, an accessory, or a prop make for Kids 4

i) You will get a popup in DAZ Studio to choose which figure the item was originally made for, choose Kids 4

c) With Genesis selected in the Scene tab but not the garment selected, Save as Wearable Preset in your personal Presets -> Wearable directory in your content library

i) You can make subfolders there to keep it neat. eg Presets - Wearables - Genesis 8 - Kids 4 - Female - Regency Dress for Kids 4

d) Repeat for each item in the product

e) Now with G8F or G8M, as appropriate selected in the scene tab, double click the previous wearable preset for made using Genesis

i) When DS ask which figure the item was originally made for say Genesis

f) Apply the Convert 3DL to iRay surfaces preset for this item

g) Save as Wearable Preset overwriting the previous Wearable Preset you made

h) When done with product then repeat for each Kids 4 product you own

They won't be perfect fits or perfect iRay material conversion but they'll get you 90% of the way there. If you own almore all the Kids 4 products it will also take a decent amount of time to do all that. The main reason I'm doing it is I like these products but flat forget their availability. This helps my remember, especially when I add them to Smart Content after they have been converted to Genesis 8 Wearable Presets.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on