Having Fun With Carrara

ringo monfortringo monfort Posts: 945
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

This thread is all about having fun with Carrara.

Here is a screen capture of Carrara 8.5 Pro and I am using Genesis 2 Stephanie 6, Carrara skin shader and a new dynamic hair. I am just trying out different light styles. After the screen capture comes the final render version.

FunwithCarrara.jpg
1680 x 1010 - 599K

Comments

• ringo monfortringo monfort Posts: 945
    edited December 1969

Using also HDRI background, Indirect Lighting and Global Illumination. Here is the Final Render.

St6hairstyle.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 435K
  • kakmankakman Posts: 225
    edited December 1969

Using also HDRI background, Indirect Lighting and Global Illumination. Here is the Final Render.

All I can say is WOW, that is just fantastic! Extremely life-like and realistic.

What was the render time for this?

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,716
    edited December 1969

Looks like you are having fun! Thanks for giving us a glimpse of you light setup. Did you use your shaders for S6?

edited December 1969

dustrider said:
    Looks like you are having fun! Thanks for giving us a glimpse of you light setup. Did you use your shaders for S6?

Here is additional light information.

I have on spot light to illuminate only the backdrop stage. It is also using a GEL to give that backdrop that soft cloth look.

Take a look.

Oh and yes I am using DP Stephanie 6 Carrara shaders and a new dynamic hair. what is the opinion on the hair? I would like to put on sale.

Spotlight_to_backdrop.jpg
    1501 x 1002 - 503K
    edited December 1969

kakman said:

All I can say is WOW, that is just fantastic! Extremely life-like and realistic.

What was the render time for this?

Hi,

Thank you Kakman!! I didn't record the render time but I do have a multiprocessor system and it didn't take that long. I will render another view and will give you the details.

Regards

edited December 1969

My crazy render settings for this image. It took about 2 hours to render.

RENDER_SETTINGS.jpg
    1680 x 1010 - 496K
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

I like the hair - I could certainly use it :)

edited December 1969

Here is another render with different color shader for the hair.

St6hairstyle2.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 451K
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Speaking of Fun with Carrara, in the "What Is Carrara?" thread, we're talking about the ease of Carrara's wonderful interface, so I had some fun making a simple Birthday Card animated GIF that would work for e-mailing or forum use. Carrara's tools are Fun and Exciting!

Soon I will join you, Ringo, in more Fun with Genesis in Carrara, because Genesis in Carrara (especially with your help in the shaders department) truly is Fun!

edited December 1969

Speaking of Fun with Carrara, in the "What Is Carrara?" thread, we're talking about the ease of Carrara's wonderful interface, so I had some fun making a simple Birthday Card animated GIF that would work for e-mailing or forum use. Carrara's tools are Fun and Exciting!

Soon I will join you, Ringo, in more Fun with Genesis in Carrara, because Genesis in Carrara (especially with your help in the shaders department) truly is Fun!

Carrara is the Multimedia solution, from print, video, web. :-)

• arcadyarcady Posts: 340
    edited December 1969

Can Dynamic Hair deliver styles that are not straight?

Braids, curls, or even dreads and afros?

edited December 1969

arcady said:

hi,

Take a look at Dynamic Romance Hair by 3D Celebrity that was done for Victoria 4.
    http://www.daz3d.com/dynamic-romance-hair

Also this Diversity by Naomi.
    http://www.daz3d.com/diversity

• arcadyarcady Posts: 340
    edited December 1969

Oh those are good links - showing the range of possibilities. Going to have to start playing with this.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Yeah, you can get some nice effects with the hair.

Here's some links to some discussions from our previous Carrara challenge.

DUDU wanted an Afro. Here's my first post on the hair shader work that I did:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/42599/P30/#629626

The next post shows a bit of what I did in the hair room. I built it on a hair cap. I also provided a render of it.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/42599/P30/#629734

This post has a link to dropbox where you can DL the hair to use or pick apart.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/42599/P30/#629879

It's not as nice as what Ringo and Phil put out, but it did the trick for DUDU when he edited it to suit his needs:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/42978/#638883

• kakmankakman Posts: 225
    edited December 1969

My crazy render settings for this image. It took about 2 hours to render.

Thank you for the render settings and information.

2 hours does not seem to be too high a price to pay, given the great results.

I am going to have to try your "crazy" render settings one of these days.

I also really like the effect you created by use of the gel.

edited December 1969

Okay I will submit the Dynamic Hair set and a collection of Hair shaders to DAZ3D for sale.

Here is a screen capture of the Dynamic Hair and it's shader.
    You will notice that it is on a HairCap and this will allow it to work on any of the Genesis 2 females.

ST6hairshader.jpg
    1680 x 1010 - 573K
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Okay I will submit the Dynamic Hair set and a collection of Hair shaders to DAZ3D for sale.

You will notice that it is on a HairCap and this will allow it to work on any of the Genesis 2 females.

You could parent it to older figures as well, couldn't you?

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

arcady said:

Nearly all of PhilW's excellent hairs come with a curly option. Take a look at Sidelong Hair, for example:

http://www.daz3d.com/sidelong-hair

Even the ones that look totally straight in the promo's usually have some pretty good kinky/curly options, like Addison Hair, for example:

http://www.daz3d.com/addison-hair-for-carrara

I love all of 3dcelebrity's stuff too, and Naomi makes terrific carrara hair too (I know 'Diversity' was already mentioned as an example of a very short fro style, I don't see why that couldn't be lengthened into a full sized afro).

I don't know about dreads, but braids, fros, and curly hair should certainly be possible.

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

I was just going to say this very thing. I think this hair looks fantastic Ringo, but don't limit your market to just V6! Seems like it wouldn't take long to add morphs to your cap for V4/M4 Genesis1, Gen2male, etc. I think that short style would work just as well on a male as a female, and lots of us don't even use the latest iteration of Genesis2 yet anyway; since it's certainly store-worthy quality product, I think it would be well worth spending a little time to make it interchangeable/useable for more than just V6 :)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

The really cool thing about 'this' hair cap, is that it is a Genesis - conforming hair cap, so it follows the shapes you create with your Genesis model. You could parent it and make a bunch of morphs, but it would actually make a lot more sense to use a V4 hair cap for V4, and so on. That is what is making Genesis such a killer technology - everything can follow its set of shape changes!

Sorry for the rant. I know... making shape morphs in Carrara is Soooo easy! LOL Sorry again.

Ringo... that really rocks!

edited December 1969

Jonstark said:

I was just going to say this very thing. I think this hair looks fantastic Ringo, but don't limit your market to just V6! Seems like it wouldn't take long to add morphs to your cap for V4/M4 Genesis1, Gen2male, etc. I think that short style would work just as well on a male as a female, and lots of us don't even use the latest iteration of Genesis2 yet anyway; since it's certainly store-worthy quality product, I think it would be well worth spending a little time to make it interchangeable/useable for more than just V6 :)

Jon,
    Thank you for all of your excellent suggestions! I will start working on it.

Best Regards

edited December 1969

This is the same hair set just different shader style that will be included.
    The image was rendered with no GI nor indirect lighting. Just a quick render sample.

St6hairstyle3.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 830K
    edited December 1969

In my quest to continue improving the quality of the rendered image by improving the shaders, lighting and render settings. Here is my latest image.

st6reflection_test.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 323K