Scifi Blast Bunker - Environment - [commercial]

FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,377
edited August 2014 in Daz PA Commercial Products

New Environment Scifi Blast Bunker - now available

Interior and exterior areas, functioning multi-panel doors, two Uber Environment 2 lights sets, both daylight and moonlight
plus a third separate interior only extended tunnel section with its own light setup.

http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/sci-fi-blast-bunker

Main_1stBastion_Scifi_Bunker_Daz3d-alt.jpg
800 x 1040 - 586K
interior_bunker_daz3d.jpg
1100 x 594 - 427K
1stBastion_overlook-daz3d.jpg
950 x 712 - 461K
Post edited by FirstBastion on

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,377
    edited December 1969

Night time included lights set for DAZ Studio 4.6+ (wysiwyg) render

1stBastion_nightlights_DAZ3d.jpg
    1100 x 825 - 423K
  • ThatOminThatOmin Posts: 37
    edited December 1969

Hey First Bastion

I love your work but are you no longer supporting Poser?

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

*whistles* Wow! That is a big scene! Between this and the sci-fi living quarters you've made my month! I'll have to buy this ASAP!

edited August 2014

ThatOmin said:
    Hey First Bastion

It's unfortunately a bit complicated. As I mentioned in a previous product thread, neither of my two versions of Poser are working with my new Window8 computer. The Poser8 doesn't display the content runtime and my Poser6 is so glitchy it crashes constantly. Eventually I'll pickup a window7 computer and reinstall them on there. In All my earlier sets, I would build in Poser and then convert to DAZ Studio to support both programs. Now I'm building products in DAZ Studio, and it's no where near as easy to convert for Poser in reverse at least in regards to my workflow. I will find a Win7 computer soon because i do have a few sets that are Poser compatible and mostly finished.

edited August 2014

There are plenty of images on the store page to have a look at, these show the door heights and the alternate door textures. There are plenty of signs with various messages and can easilty display whatever other signage art one may need.

17-scifi-blast-bunker-daz3d.jpg
    800 x 600 - 101K
    06-scifi-blast-bunker-daz3d.jpg
    1150 x 621 - 130K
  • ThatOminThatOmin Posts: 37
    edited December 1969

ThatOmin said:
    Hey First Bastion

It's unfortunately a bit complicated. As I mentioned in a previous product thread, neither of my two versions of Poser are working with my new Window8 computer. The Poser8 doesn't display the content runtime and my Poser6 is so glitchy it crashes constantly. Eventually I'll pickup a window7 computer and reinstall them on there. In All my earlier sets, I would build in Poser and then convert to DAZ Studio to support both programs. Now I'm building products in DAZ Studio, and it's no where near as easy to convert for Poser in reverse at least in regards to my workflow. I will find a Win7 computer soon because i do have a few sets that are Poser compatible and mostly finished.

I appreciate you responding and information.

Was just interested in this bunker and the sci-fi rooms which is why I asked.

Thanks!

PS: I hate windows 8 and switched back to 7 right away.

• Cliff BowmanCliff Bowman Posts: 1,677
    edited December 1969

Another intense loathing for Windows 8 here - but also an idea.

You should be able to run VirtualBox on windows 8 (https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads) and Poser works in VirtualBox - it's not great (virtual PCs are slower and chunkier than the hardware they are running on, by their very nature) but I'm using VirtualBox right now to test compatibility with various different versions of Poser. DAZ Studio also works under VirtualBox. It's a lifesaver.

Failing that, see your PM box.

Cheers,

Cliff

edited December 1969

A few more images.

interior_use_bunker_daz3d.jpg
    1100 x 594 - 445K
    bunker_slideopen_daz3D.jpg
    950 x 712 - 409K
  • nabob21nabob21 Posts: 919
    edited December 1969

Hi FirstBastion,

This looks like a really great set. I am very interested in getting it but since I have Poser I was wondering if the DSON importer will allow me to get it from DAZStudio into Poser?

Also, I was wondering if you could post an overview window of the set that shows the full extent of the scene? I have an image in mind that needs a wide , somewhat mid distant point of view. Your scene may already fit the bill but even if it doesn't I may be able to extend it using props etc.

I hope you get your Poser/Windows issue worked out as I really like your products and unfortunately find DazStudio not something I use all that often since I have invested a lot of time working on Poser materials, shaders, light sets etc. However since your set comes with lighting, I may try to give it a try in DazStudio anyway. I will just have to try to work around the fact that my Poser characters won't have the shaders I am used to etc.

Thanks for your time.

nabob21

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,728
    edited December 1969

This looks like it could be a perfect entrance to a top secret military facility. Great job

edited September 2014

The outside wide angle promos are pretty well showing the width of the set because the focus was the guarded door entrance and the tunnels. Still, the entire set is parented so theorectically you could load and place a copy of the same set on either side on the the bunker to make it larger like in the 3 across image below. Also the low grassy sand hills are their own prop that can be copied, moved and repositioned too if you need more terrain.

3acrossbunker600.jpg
    600 x 450 - 198K
    edited December 1969

Thanks First Bastion. One more question, is the grass if the foreground from one of your other sets like the hilly surround or rolling plains?

nabob21

edited September 2014

nabob21 said:
    Thanks First Bastion. One more question, is the grass if the foreground from one of your other sets like the hilly surround or rolling plains?

nabob21

You're welcome. As mentioned the main focus here was the tunnel and entrance, so I needed something to fill the horizon when the camera was pointing out the door so i provided a undulating terrain hill beyond the gravel road. It is included with the set, and it is its own prop, so it can be moved and rotated. That is the texture I included with Rolling Plains . You have a good eye, but the model itself is different.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Have you checked to see if your Poser issues are due to IE11? At home, I can run every version from P5 to Pro 2014 Game Dev without a problem. I finally had to uninstall PPP (though the runtime is still there) because it just could handle the large disk even with the patch. I also use external library managers. I prefer P3dOExplorer Pro.

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure how I missed this set, FirstBastion, but "wow!" It's huge, and so well detailed. Great job :)

edited December 1969

Thanks again FirstBastion. It looks like the set is just what I was looking for.