Question over aniblocks, Carrara and genesis

RapidprehistoricRapidprehistoric Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Firstly, sorry if this is not in the right section or anything, this is my first time using the new forums.
I have been looking at some of the aniMATE packages recently, and I have heard in certain places around the forums that the aniblocks can in fact be used in Carrara, though none of these sources go into any detail. I was just Wondering if anyone can confirm this for me, that would be great.
On a side note, what about genesis? Do they work in Carrara as well? I have always liked Carrara's flexibility when it comes to models, but I have heard some say it only works with daz studio, while others say its importable to carrara.

If anyone could clear this up for me, it would be much appreciated!

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,952
    edited December 1969

you need the aniblock importer plugin to import aniblocks
    alternatively if you have Animate2 or DS3Advanced you can bake the aniblocks to the timeline and use the pz2 exporter ( Poser format) script free in store.
    for Genesis you need the C8.5 beta which is only available to owners of C8 and has a limited use period with updated beta serials
    eventually it will be released as a paid upgrade.

• RapidprehistoricRapidprehistoric Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the response!

Unfortunately I have carrara 6, and the aniblocks importer was made for 7, so I doubt it will work. It may be worth a try, though.
    I should really think about getting Carrara 8 anyway, but I've heard it is quite bugged still, where as I have no issues whatsoever with six.

Thanks again! :)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,952
    edited December 1969

no, it will not work
    if you have Animate2 or DS3A try baking and saving keyframes as an animated pose as I suggested, you need Animate2 not lite for DS4

• RapidprehistoricRapidprehistoric Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

no, it will not work
    if you have Animate2 or DS3A try baking and saving keyframes as an animated pose as I suggested, you need Animate2 not lite for DS4

Hi, sorry for the delayed reply.

Thanks for the warning, it looks as though this is going to be a more expensive move than I first thought. It's probably best I just animate myself.
    Thanks for the help.