Creating statues in DS 4.6 Pro

cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
edited August 2014 in Daz Studio Discussion

I was wondering about creating statues in DS 4.6 Pro. The idea is simple: make a morph - say, on Genesis - apply a material (perhaps marble) from unrestricted stocks, insert a plinth made from one of the primitives and you should get a nice statue.

The point is, if I highlight both the figure and the plinth, then save it as a prop, will I be able to use it not only on the computer I prepared it, but also on my second one? Another question is - would it be in compliance with the EULA if I wanted to share it as a freebie? I could make that statue with DieTrying's morphs to avoid using purchasables. I am not convinced about the base though. What could I do to comply with the EULA, but still be allowed to send my statue to a friend who could render it in Luxus?

It is all because statues available as props aren't customisable enough for my needs. I want to make some renders of gardens with statues. Please don't hesitate to share your artistic experiences in renders of various stone figurines here as well.

Post edited by cecilia.robinson on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,364
    edited August 2014

You couldn't share a prop created from the Genesis or whatever mesh. What you could do is save the plinth as an asset and then save a Scene Subset with that and Genesis posed on the plinth (or parent the plinth to Genesis and save a wearables preset and a material preset - I don't think there is a preset that will save pose, materials, and the attachment of the plinth). You'd need to copy the asset files for the plinth to the other computer, and add them to the zip for sharing.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on