The updated SCI FI FUNK Trailer. "Live in 2064 AD - If you can".

Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi,

I've been quiet on these boards lately, but progress continues at a furious pace.

Right now I'm preparing a story board for the entire film, complete with all the voice acting in place. I wish I could show you more of the cool stuff (scenes). waiting on Octane for Carrara before I can do this atm.

Comments welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8uRCWDn7EE

Comments

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,716
    edited December 1969

Looks great!
    I'm guessing that it was rendered in Octane? It looks like the public beta of Octane for Carrara is very close, the manual looks like it is complete now.

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198
    edited December 1969

dustrider said:
    Looks great!
    I'm guessing that it was rendered in Octane?

You are too kind sir. Only the thug in the car is Octane, the rest is Carrara's native renderer.

I continue to (im)patiently wait for Octane for Carrara - he he.

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970
    edited December 1969

Hiya Steve,

Navigating Youtube is not my strong point... is the next Episode after The Inverview ready.... Is that Level 3 Episode 10? Can't find it!!

xx :) Silene

edited December 1969

SileneUK said:
    Hiya Steve,

Navigating Youtube is not my strong point... is the next Episode after The Inverview ready.... Is that Level 3 Episode 10? Can't find it!!

xx :) Silene

Hi Silene.

Don't worry it's not you - it's not ready. Instead I'm working like a nut nut to get an (offline) story board, complete with All voice lines ready for a big push in 2015.

Next year is gonna be exciting!

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970
    edited December 1969

Ah, OK. I thought you were going back and reworking the done deal... bugger... I wanted to know what happens next!!! More when you are ready please!

:) x Silene

edited December 1969

Silene,

Yes, and I wanted to see all of this 4 years ago! LOL

They say patience is a virtue. That's fine, except I lost all mine a life time ago.

We press on regardless....

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    edited December 1969

Great trailer - I hope that after Octane Render for Carrara is released, it will mean many more chapters in a shorter time!

edited December 1969

PhilW said:
    Great trailer - I hope that after Octane Render for Carrara is released, it will mean many more chapters in a shorter time!

I wish that were true. However what I AM doing is getting all the modelling and voice acting out of the way this year for a big push next year.

This gives a bit longer for either graphics card prices to drop or Octane Renders "the cloud" to become a reality for us living in England.

2015 should be a very interesting year for the project.

edited December 1969

Looks like your wait is over my friend...
    http://render.otoy.com/shop/carrara_plugin.php

edited December 1969

PhilW said:
    Looks like your wait is over my friend...
    http://render.otoy.com/shop/carrara_plugin.php

THANK YOU! I'm so glad I tidied up matters last week, to leave this week free.

It's a bank holiday here, but after todays day trip I'll be all over this like "White on rye" and other such sayings. I've just go up so the brain is not fully in Pun mode yet. Hang on.....I'll be all over this like .... no it's not happening. (I'll accept over sayings here for those reading this who are awake).

Anyway - an exciting week. My first task is to render out my massive 3D model of Ennis house. Should be amazing, that building was just made for light.

edited December 1969

I'm looking forward to seeing what you will do with it. It is a shame you didn't make it into the closed beta testers, I am sure you would have been a great asset to us.

edited December 1969

PhilW said:
    I'm looking forward to seeing what you will do with it. It is a shame you didn't make it into the closed beta testers, I am sure you would have been a great asset to us.

It was a tragedy Phil. I was accepted, immediately set about upgrading from Vista to Windows 7, and had a ton of problems to get running again (my biz machine has many strings to it's bow). During this time I also lost broadband for a few weeks.

By the time I got everything together (about a month after the invite), I was told I was too late.

However that is water under the bridge now, what HAS happened in that time is an amazing amount of prep work for the film. As stated earlier 2015 should be spectacular in relative terms from what I've been able to produce to date. Now Octane is here I'm going to take what I've learned from my time with DAZ/Octane and see what we can do.

Already with just 5 minutes on it, the Carrara interface seems faster, but I'm going to hide my self away now and "get good" at it, I'll be looking out for your own excellent output as well.

Did you make a demo reel? (I've seen Neils now, which was great).

edited December 1969

These are the only two demo videos that I know of. I contributed a number of images to the first one and the dancing girl animation is also one of mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GeGGs_QU-I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lc5irmeXY0

edited December 1969

Yeah thanks Phil,

I watched 'em both. Some great images in there. Thank you. :)

• Orion_UkOrion_Uk Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Have to Agree with PhilW mate,

It would have been amazing to have had you on the team..

Still, there is no stopping you now buddy and I for one am looking forward to some (OR4C) Sci Fi Funk adventures in the future..

..Pun intended :P

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,716
    edited December 1969

Orion_Uk said:
    Have to Agree with PhilW mate,

It would have been amazing to have had you on the team..

Still, there is no stopping you now buddy and I for one am looking forward to some (OR4C) Sci Fi Funk adventures in the future..

..Pun intended :P

Agreed! I'm really looking forward to seeing your creations with OR4C!
    edited August 2014

Excellent news Orion_Uk - I am always up for puns :D

Just working through the interface now with some of my heavier scenes. It coped with the basic Ennis House model, one of my movie sets doesn't seem to be making it to the viewport. However it's very early days and I'd be cutting that one down anyway. So far so good.

EDIT - Thanks Dustrider - enjoyed seeing your images on Simon G's video.

Post edited by Sci Fi Funk on