Light Up The Dark DAZ Studio Lights [Commercial]

MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,459
edited December 1969 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Sickleyield and I just finished this light set that has presets for Standard and Advanced DAZ Studio Lights. This project arose out of several requests for night/moonlight and dark interior lighting as achieving these moods is more complicated than simply turning down daylight presets. There is still just as much color and ambient light, still has specular light, there is still a need for ambient occlusion but it's much more subtle and all of these lights have to be fine tuned to give more realistic renders.

It can be hard to light scenes that occur at night or in dark places. This set aims to make that much easier with many great presets for different dim and dark lighting conditions, plus a bonus lightning bolt and headlight option.

With the attached figure spots you can highlight individual characters in a scene, or use the full scene presets to fill the largest of spaces with natural, real-feeling darkness that still leaves details visible where you need them to be.

Light Up The Dark DAZ Studio Lights

LUTD-MASY-daz3d-pop10.jpg
700 x 538 - 114K
LUTD-MASY-daz3d-pop09.jpg
700 x 538 - 71K
LUTD-MASY-daz3d-pop08.jpg
700 x 538 - 73K
LUTD-MASY-daz3d-pop05.jpg
700 x 538 - 54K
LUTD-MASY-daz3d-main.jpg
538 x 700 - 78K

Comments

• MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,459
    edited December 1969

An example of the full moon spotlight.

LightUpTheDark_Tiger.jpg
    692 x 900 - 343K
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

I haven't had a chance to play with them yet but I just HAD to have them. Bought them on release day. :)

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

Oh! I thought these were just Uberenvironment presets. They also include versions using AoA's lights? If so, this just became a must buy for me as I love his lights.

edited December 1969

Thanks Kismet2012 and Riggswolfe!

This light set includes a range of different types of lighting and they've been tuned to highlight each ones unique properties when used together. Also included are parented vehicle headlights, parented figure spotlights and a lightning bolt prop.

Enjoy!

MASYLightning1.jpg
    600 x 900 - 434K
    edited December 1969

Oooo...even better. How do the parented vehicle lights work? I did some for a render where I used sickleyield's god ray spotlights to fake some headlights.

edited December 1969

Oooo...even better. How do the parented vehicle lights work? I did some for a render where I used sickleyield's god ray spotlights to fake some headlights.

Click on/select the vehicle in the scene tab, in this case it's the Ranger, and then load the lights. They will be parented to the vehicle wherever it's located. The headlights consist of standard spotlights, specular spotlights (to accentuate glossy surfaces), and point lights that light up the headlight area of the vehicle. Without the pointlights the car itself, the headlight bulbs, would still be dark.

In testing these headlights and creating the promo images I found these lights work great by themselves (without a vehicle). Try moving them just out of camera view and pointing them into the scene, you can look through one of the spotlights and transition the group node to get more specific with what's getting hit with light.

Some of the other ideas I had for promo images was a girl with handkerchief about to start a drag race. Only her lower body would be lit with headlights, kind of a half-light effect.

Another was a dark country road with a startled alien (or some other urban legend-type creature) almost getting hit by a car.

light it up!

LightUpTheDark_Headlights.jpg
    400 x 323 - 89K
    Light_Up_The_Dark_Headlights.png
    622 x 504 - 471K
    edited December 1969

Sold! *checks out*

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

In the cart ad soon as I saw it. Now I need time to work with it. Darkness an..d dark places hold a special attraction for me.