V5 morph question

Fred Winkler ArtFred Winkler Art Posts: 795
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Hi, hope I've put this in the right place.

The question I have is this... I've used poser for ages and created many characters for V4 in there, mainly working with the Morph++ dials... now I want to do a V5 character, again using mainly the equivalent to those dials, whcih I believe are the Evolution Morphs... now as I also got a lot of other morphs already, like the creature morphs, fantasy ones... and so on I want to make sure I am not getting the wrong moprh mixed in the character,... while with V4 I could just inject the ones I wanted, with V5, well Genesis in general it seems that once you've installed something, you have all the shaps and morphs in the "shaping" bit... so my question is,,, is there a way of only showing the evelution morphs when working on this?

I hope that made sense

Thanks

Fred

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,001
    edited December 1969

All I can suggest is either temporarily uninstalling the morphs you don't want or, slightly more organised, creating a second content directory with only the morphs you want in it (copy the \data\DAZ 3D\Genesis folder across, then in \data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs remove the sets and shapes you don't want) then use the Content Directory Manager (Edit>Preferences>Content Library, or Content Library option menu) to set up a new directory set without the base content directory but with the stripped down directory instead.

• Fred Winkler ArtFred Winkler Art Posts: 795
    edited December 1969

Thanks for that. I thought I might have to do it this way... so will see how it goes. So do I just keep the data folder in the second runtime and nothing else? Thanks for your help again, much appreciated. :)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,001
    edited December 1969

You'd also need a copy of the \People\Genesis\Genesis.dsf (or .duf in DS 4.5) file to load the figure, and any poses, materials or textures you want to use on the figure while morphing - while working in the alternative content directory setup you won't have access to files in the main content directories at all.

• Fred Winkler ArtFred Winkler Art Posts: 795
    edited December 1969

Thanks for your help. it worked, yay :)