Adding Resources

Does adding materials, objects and other resources to Bryce's libraries cause it to slow down?  I recently added a lot of materials and skies to my libraries and now when I enter them to choose a material the screen flickers and refreshes.  Is there a point where it's too much?

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

NGartplay - each Bryce library can hold up to 2 GB (2048 MB). You can always create a new library, as an example, I have 25 object and 28 material libraries. The number and size of libraries does not slow down Bryce.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,793

Thank you!

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124

I have a question about how better organize libraries in Bryce.

For example, with materials. I noticed there are two layers of it: first layer that is like "categories" (which includes legacy Bryce versions materials as "water", "architecture", "terrain" and also "pro materials" and "user"). While second layer is when you get to "pro materials" or "user" and choose submenus there, e.g, "water surfaces", "metals" etc. 

However, there is no way to make a third layer, right? Or at least didn't work for me. Which also leads to me trying to mostly add things into second layer, and it slowly becames a huge list that you need to scroll down (and that is sometimes laggy in Bryce interface). While i hesitate to add to first layer as it doesn't have a scroll wheel, but instead just a list from dropdown menu.

Would like to hear your takes on how to organize better.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

akmerlow - have a look at the BryceContent_v4.pdf (on my website 3D CG Documents > Mine > Diverse > Bryce Content FAQ) on page 9 Managing Content. I hope it can answer your Question.