Growing up for Genesis8 contains Genesis 3 references

Question for Zev0:

The two morph files:

chestLower_CTRLMD_N_ZRotate_20.dsf
chestLower_CTRLMD_N_ZRotate_n20.dsf

are both referencing Genesis 3. It results in a popup asking for Genesis 3 when that is not installed.

Is that intentional or would pointing it to Genesis 8 fix it?

Comments

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,838

People around here keep telling me that's been fixed, yet I still see users complaining about it or see it in log files.

I suspect Zev0 copied the files from their G3 product to their G8 product, but "forgot" to change the parent data in those two DSF files, doesn't matter if you have G3 installed or not as bad parent data means those files are broken and the product doesn't work properly.

I don't have the product, but I know someone who does, and I just found my notes on what I changed to fix it for them.

Line 18 in both files should read :-

"parent" : "/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#chest",

and line 44 in both files should read :-

{ "op" : "push", "url" : "chest:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#chest?rotation/z" },

Basically you are just changing the references in both files from G3 to G8.

• This is a fresh download from the Daz servers? Using which install method?

• OmnifluxOmniflux Posts: 360

I just verified this is still an issue with the current DIM package.

• I wonder if it was replaced with a bad copy at some stage. Please report this via a ticket.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116

Bejaymac said:

People around here keep telling me that's been fixed, yet I still see users complaining about it or see it in log files.

I suspect Zev0 copied the files from their G3 product to their G8 product, but "forgot" to change the parent data in those two DSF files, doesn't matter if you have G3 installed or not as bad parent data means those files are broken and the product doesn't work properly.

I don't have the product, but I know someone who does, and I just found my notes on what I changed to fix it for them.

Line 18 in both files should read :-

"parent" : "/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#chest",

and line 44 in both files should read :-

{ "op" : "push", "url" : "chest:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#chest?rotation/z" },

Basically you are just changing the references in both files from G3 to G8.

Line 4 should also read:
    "id" : "/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Zev0/Growing%20Up/chestLower_CTRLMD_N_ZRotate_n20.dsf",

Mine was referencing Genesis%203 there too. 

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,838

Line 4 doesn't affect how the file works, which is why I haven't mentioned it, I think the same line in a DUF file might be tied to the metadata/database, but as I don't use any of that crap it's hard to be sure.

• Richard Haseltine said:

This is a fresh download from the Daz servers? Using which install method?

My D/S wasn't throwing up error popups however yes, these files for the G8F are saying G3F. The ones for G8M were okay. I download manually. Thanks to this thread G8F's files have now been corrected from G3F to G8F.

Yesterday my ticket was updated to note that they have now filed a bug report with QA for this issue.

This is now resolved in package timestamped (2021-02-08T12:51:42Z).

• Thank you :-)