Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• I love this addon Ive used it since it first came out thank you so much to the person who created it its been a godsend! but :( for the last few weeks it hasn't worked, I dont have the show wishlist items only or the show %off etc anymore. I thought it was due to the firefox updates, but I just installed it on chrome too and its exactly the same :( I have checked the Options are correct and they are, although I have found the Options keep reverting when I close the browsers and I have to retick things. I am not complaining at all! I just wanted the creator to know as they might think its working fine for everyone lol This addon really helped and I think it has spoiled me as Im sulking now as its not worked haha

• AtiAti Posts: 9,090

I don't see any issues with it in Chrome. The new version of Firefox sometimes (most of the time) kills those exact features you mentioned, but a (few) reload of the page makes it work. Chrome with its newest version also works fine for me. Make sure you are logged in to the Daz website, though. Those features require you to be logged in.

• Thanks for your reply Ati :) I made sure I was logged in on both firefox and chrome, yes I thought Firefox might be the culprit so I did keep refreshing but after a LOT of times refreshing it still doesn't work :(

• When viewing the main shop page, Daz Deals doesn't show me the most recently added items. Instead, the most recent items shown are those that were introduced yesterday. Today's items are sometimes displayed briefly as the shop page is downloading, but they disappear when the page is fully loaded. I put the blame on Daz Deals (in my Chrome browser) because I don't have this problem in other browsers in which I haven't installed the extension, nor in Chrome incognito windows. I'm not sure at what time of day it finally shows the newest items, but right now it's 16 hours into the Daz day and I still don't see any items newer than yesterday.

This has been going on for a while, maybe since Daz Deals caught up with the new shop software?

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,051

Binaries Torturer said:

When viewing the main shop page, Daz Deals doesn't show me the most recently added items. Instead, the most recent items shown are those that were introduced yesterday. Today's items are sometimes displayed briefly as the shop page is downloading, but they disappear when the page is fully loaded. I put the blame on Daz Deals (in my Chrome browser) because I don't have this problem in other browsers in which I haven't installed the extension, nor in Chrome incognito windows. I'm not sure at what time of day it finally shows the newest items, but right now it's 16 hours into the Daz day and I still don't see any items newer than yesterday.

This has been going on for a while, maybe since Daz Deals caught up with the new shop software?

I have been getting this too but it isn't the Plugin. It seems to be DAZ or the server that is 12 hours out here in the UK as it loads fine at night but they keep dissapearing when first visited  in the morning and all day. I have tried F5 and Shift/F5 but they still blink on and off again. Sometimes going to the Sales page and scrolling all through it and going back to the main page makes them stick but not often :) 

Binaries Torturer said:

When viewing the main shop page, Daz Deals doesn't show me the most recently added items. Instead, the most recent items shown are those that were introduced yesterday. Today's items are sometimes displayed briefly as the shop page is downloading, but they disappear when the page is fully loaded. I put the blame on Daz Deals (in my Chrome browser) because I don't have this problem in other browsers in which I haven't installed the extension, nor in Chrome incognito windows. I'm not sure at what time of day it finally shows the newest items, but right now it's 16 hours into the Daz day and I still don't see any items newer than yesterday.

Disable the "Hide items" feature and see if that helps. Or enable all the software under that same option to still be able to hide individual items. Several of you have reported issues with this, I'll have to take a closer look at why the new items might be categorized incorrectly for the filter—but being the holiday season, I'm away from my usual place, so it will have to wait a few more days, unfortunately.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Ati said:

Binaries Torturer said:

Disable the "Hide items" feature and see if that helps. Or enable all the software under that same option to still be able to hide individual items. Several of you have reported issues with this, I'll have to take a closer look at why the new items might be categorized incorrectly for the filter—but being the holiday season, I'm away from my usual place, so it will have to wait a few more days, unfortunately.

Enjoy your holiday getaway.

Sevrin said:

Enjoy your holiday getaway.

Thank you. :) 

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 2020

Somebody else getting Ati's "new promo" mails from yesterday again this morning? (This morning in German time ...)

Post edited by Kerya on

Kerya said:

Somebody else getting Ati's "new promo" mails from yesterday again this morning? (This morning in German time ...)

There are regular blink sales now, so there are a lot more notifications for new promos (the blink sales), while the main sale remains the same. Do you mean that?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Ati said:

Kerya said:

There are regular blink sales now, so there are a lot more notifications for new promos (the blink sales), while the main sale remains the same. Do you mean that?

No, I am getting yesterdays Blink sales after getting todays.

This morning I got the one with the fireworks and the link to the three bundles Sakura 8, Brute 8, Michael 8, later I got the one for Floyd 8, then CJ 8 and so on ... maybe my mail provider had hiccups.

It has stopped now.

• After the latest update of Firefox, 84.0.1, Daz Dealsis no longer working. Tried removing the Extension and adding again but no luck.

bobster66 said:

After the latest update of Firefox, 84.0.1, Daz Dealsis no longer working. Tried removing the Extension and adding again but no luck.

The new version of Firefox seems to kill off some of our features. Most work, but some get killed. Reload the page a few times, and you might get lucky with them. We're investigating.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,819

I wish I could use this with iPad, but I understand why I can't I think.  I don't have access to my computer or an android device at the moment.

*Sigh*

Some of you have started noticing that while you don't click the unsubscribe link in the emails, you still get unsubscribed. It turns out, some web-based email providers automatically click the unsubscribe links for you because they want to show you a "preview." Awesome.

In the following days, I will rewrite every single unsubscribe page—which is a bit of a bummer, since this will go against EU laws that require the unsubscribe process to be at least as easy as signing up. :-/

Gotta love technology... :D

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,840

Ati said:

Oh. You're not recognized as being logged in to Daz. (Wow, we do gray it out, I've just never been not logged in, LOL. :D) Are you really logged in to the site? Like your wishlist shows your actual wishlisted items and such? I'll ping @Overdrawn on this one.

As I have the same issue let me assure you, I am logged in, I can fiddle around in my content and my wishlist and as far as my current experience with the DAZ website is concerned, the addon does not seem to exist at all. FF84.0.2

Ati said:

*Sigh*

Some of you have started noticing that while you don't click the unsubscribe link in the emails, you still get unsubscribed. It turns out, some web-based email providers automatically click the unsubscribe links for you because they want to show you a "preview." Awesome.

In the following days, I will rewrite every single unsubscribe page—which is a bit of a bummer, since this will go against EU laws that require the unsubscribe process to be at least as easy as signing up. :-/

Gotta love technology... :D

I have changed both the unsubscription processes and the resetting of the individual price-change notifications. Checking a checkbox, and confirming the action is now required as extra steps.

If anyone has a popup, saying there was a problem with syncing their wishlist, then that's most likely due to the above issue: their email provider automatically unsubscribing them. If you see this, please get a new passcode by signing up again, enter that new passcode, and all should be back to normal.

If you notice any issues with this, please let me know.

• ErrilhlErrilhl Posts: 20

Hey. The addon seems to have a bit of reduced functionality these days

The shop-selectors (only wishlist, and others like that) are not present, nor is the "hide this item" button there. Is there anything I need to do, or is there something else going on?

edited January 2021

Errilhl said:

The shop-selectors (only wishlist, and others like that) are not present, nor is the "hide this item" button there. Is there anything I need to do, or is there something else going on?

Is this happening with the new version of Firefox? If so, see the explanation above. We're investigating. 

Post edited by Ati on
  • Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933

Firefox for Android doesn't want to recognise the extension anymore :( Apparently they are after some extra security or whatever, so only select extensions will work on Android from now on... oh well.

Ati said:

Errilhl said:

Is this happening with the new version of Firefox? If so, see the explanation above. We're investigating. 

It does, yes. And I'm fairly certain I'm not unsubscribed, as I still get the emails. It just doesn't show anything - I've tried turning off adblocks and other things that changes the pages, but nothing seems to work.

Errilhl said:

Ati said:

Errilhl said:

It does, yes. And I'm fairly certain I'm not unsubscribed, as I still get the emails. It just doesn't show anything - I've tried turning off adblocks and other things that changes the pages, but nothing seems to work.

Oh, sorry, I wasn't referring to the unsubscription issue. (That's no longer an issue, by the way.) There is a known problem with the new version of Firefox: it kills off some parts of the addon without any notice. (Other parts work fine.) Reloading the page a few times might help with these while we get to the bottom of it.

Ati said:

Oh, sorry, I wasn't referring to the unsubscription issue. (That's no longer an issue, by the way.) There is a known problem with the new version of Firefox: it kills off some parts of the addon without any notice. (Other parts work fine.) Reloading the page a few times might help with these while we get to the bottom of it.

Fair enough. Reloading does nothing, at least not on individual pages - I'm more interested in the "hide this item" function, but also the selectors for the general shoppages - neither seem to work, and I don't know enough about the underlying code injections to search for anything in the source.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,309

I have two price history lines now. One red and one blue. I am a PC+ member and am logged in. I can see PC+ product prices and PC+ forum. Why do I see two price history lines? I am using Chrome on Windows 10.

Two price history lines.jpg
    599 x 563 - 80K
  • I'm having problems with Vivaldi (Chrome based) too. It keeps telling me  Enable Wishlist notifications in the Daz-Deals extension, and sign up to be able to set an individual notification for this item. Click here. and then when I do, everything is fine insofar as email and passcode. But, if I try to save it says there is a problem with my email or passcode. But, I'll worry about it tomorrow, I guess. Wishlist works on category sale pages. And I can't add anything new to my wishlist in DazDeals.

• achimsachims Posts: 76

I'm having problems with all Browsers (Chrome, Opera, Firefox )
    If I click Forgot your passcode?

I get:

Hi,
    you asked me to send you your passcode that is used for the Daz email notifications.
    However, I could not find your email address in my database.
    This means that you have not signed up yet, or you unsubscribed.
    To get a passcode, you need to sign up. You can do that by visiting the following page:
    http://www.civilizationhunt.com/ds/signup.html
    When you sign up, you will receive a passcode that you can use for the notifications.
    -- Ati

But I get the "Top21 most discounted DAZ items" Mails, too.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,890

This morning I have started to get an error when I use the DAZ site. It says there is a problem with the Wishlist update. If I click OK it takes me to the Deals page but nothing has changed since yesterday. Except there appears to have been an update yesterday. (My details blacked out by me obviously).

This error comes up on every single page I visit. Using Edge Chromium. Anyone else getting this and is there a cure?

2021-01-18.png
    571 x 235 - 21K
    2021-01-18 (1).png
    1237 x 600 - 105K

Let me check what's going on...

I need a few minutes to sort this out.

We had a database crash overnight. Everything should be repaired and up and running now. Please let me know if you still experience any issues.