Animation Master Classes like a product

Yes you read right!, why not?

after seeing all the ton of Filament Animations, and the love put on them, we must realize that we are not top quality animators and some of us uses Animate blocks,

but I think many people would love to learn real animation like the Pros do, maybe not so deep but a set of classes USING Daz Studio in the series, not using external programs, only the timeline Advanced Tab for this.

in Spain there is an Academy but is focused on Maya and Blender and is costly http://www.animationgym.com/

is only a Product Suggestion and nothing else, what do you think?

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

after seeing all the ton of Filament Animations, and the love put on them, we must realize that we are not top quality animators and some of us uses Animate blocks,

but I think many people would love to learn real animation like the Pros do, maybe not so deep but a set of classes USING Daz Studio in the series, not using external programs, only the timeline Advanced Tab for this.

in Spain there is an Academy but is focused on Maya and Blender and is costly http://www.animationgym.com/

The thing is that not a lot animation "masters", that is to say animation professionals, use DS in their work.

• Sevrin said:

The thing is that not a lot animation "masters", that is to say animation professionals, use DS in their work.

yes, absolutely correct!, that is the opportunity, and I'm real too, a Pro Animator takes full studies, we are pointing to at simple basic animation but not depending on animation blocks, that's the goal.

I've never seen any Daz user doing a walk animation at hand, I can do breasts animation at hand btw...but never have done a simple linear walk or animating a hand taking a cup with coffee.

• wintoonswintoons Posts: 371

I do alot of animation work on DS and honestly it's actually not that hard once you get the idea. I also use alot of aniblocks for my work too, mostly for walking and running movements. The rest I do by myself. 
    Plus, you can blend both your custom work to existing aniblocks and works quite well. 

As a suggestion, I would love to see more aniblock animations available now they are adding more. 

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 737

Thats not a bad idea.Keeping watch on the topic.

• +1

• demonsworddemonsword Posts: 18
    edited December 2020

There are certain serious gaps in Daz Studio's capabilities that need to be filled before you can take animation work consistently to that level, especially when it comes to character animation.  Don't get me wrong, aniblocks are fun and 32-bit lipsync tricks have their place, but when it comes to actual character animation, you need much more adequate command over the characters and the software than Daz currently offers.  For God's sake, my kingdom just for the ability to scrub audio!  crying

Post edited by demonsword on
  • his xhis x Posts: 866

Zilvergrafix said:

"Top quality animators" tend to use rentware. Rentware is just another way to charge you ten times what the product is worth. That said, rentware is usually supported by teachers, classrooms and books. DAZ has none of these. 3D animation is too complex to be learned by the "press every button and see what happens" approach. It's easy to spend five years trying to learn what, given the right learning tools, you would be able to learn in six months. It's easy to be frustrated trying to learn DAZ.

After "we don't need no documentation" has been implemented, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy. Nobody needs docs because most gave up trying to learn. I've often suspected that DAZ would be capable of some surprising things if I knew how to make them happen. I think we can all say the same thing. It does not mean we are lesser animators.

There's a lot to this documentation/learning issue. The misconception that you can substitute a YouTube video or a forum for a teacher in a classroom is common. The written word has been losing traction for 20 years. I say this as a retired engineering technical writer. We got what we got.