Half Spider Creature with GeoGrafting - Like Black Widow for V4

Ivo ShandorIvo Shandor Posts: 74
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

The release of Lilith and the Succubus Add-On made me think that it would be nice to have a set of geo-grafted parts to create another sort of succubus creature. To have a choice between a tail, horns, wings, and a snake body is great and allows for flexibility.
http://www.daz3d.com/succubus-add-ons

Now just like this older product:
http://www.daz3d.com/creatura-the-black-widow-for-v4

I would definitely buy an add on that allowed a geo-grafted body for G2F or G2M in the form of a spider. I think it fits perfectly with the whole release of Lilith.

As an added bonus, I would love it if it matched the textures from the Succubus-Add On in terms of style and color. I see that there is some commonality here between the Succubus-Add On and some previous releases such as Dragon 3 Textures:
http://www.daz3d.com/hellborn-dragon-hd-for-daz-dragon-3

Comments

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited August 2014

I was literally just thinking of that, today...

The same principles behind Octogenesis could be used by someone for applying to a more classically insectoid style of legs (crab legs might be a better inspiration). Especially with an optional robotic appearance to them.

http://www.daz3d.com/octogenesis

Would be especially good if an abdomen was completely optional, so that you could replace it with a tail, if needed. And, of course, if someone wanted to create a geo-grafted scorpion tail (and even geog-rafted pincers for replacing hands), I certainly wouldn't object. :)

A similar thing with crustacean/arachnid legs mounted on a figure's back, Doctor Octopus-style, would also be desirable, too. Options for 'stiff' exoskeletal limbs or tendrils, would be a bonus (as would texture options for organic armour or a cybernetic appearance).

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
  • ModernWizardModernWizard Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

brandon_kronk and Xenomorphine -- you two seem to be thinking along similar lines as I am. I love doing hybrids of human and non-human animals, and I was just earlier this week wishing for some more hybrid creatures for G2F and G2M. I can work with some V4 spider hybrids to make a G2F spider hybrid, but I'd really really REALLY like a G2F scorpion hybrid with a stinger!

--MW

• Ivo ShandorIvo Shandor Posts: 74
    edited December 1969

You both had great ideas that expanded upon what I was thinking. I really only posted this today because I thought of it on Day 1 of Lilith and I was hoping that something like this would come out on Day 2 or 3. I just really like the quality and modularity of the creature pieces in the Succubus Add-on.

So I thought the natural extension of a Succubus would be either demon legs and hands which we can make already with the Creature Creator. My next thought was a Black Widow creature that fits with the Lilith theme.

I really like the idea of a Scorpion pack as well. I could see a large controllable body with legs and maybe pincers coming from the add-on body as well.

I think both packs could also use a simpler metamorphosis that perhaps just consisted of spider legs as you suggested, or just a long tail coming from the glutes that looks like a scorpion's stinger. These would give options so that you can choose just how human you want them to look.

edited December 1969

I'd really love a variety of geo-grafted insectoid heads and mouth-parts, too. Stag beetle, tarantula, camel spider, praying mantis... All wonderfully diverse sets of eyes and predatory jaws! They'd be a huge boost to science-fiction and horror-based art. Most creature-related stuff for Genesis 1 and 2 is overly humanoid in nature, which is a shame, considering how even Genesis 1 was hyped as a go-as-crazy-as-you-like-wtih-creativity base figure. Raw Art's been pushing those boundaries very well, though (and is apparently planning an update to their Gigalien set).

Closest I've found is this:

http://www.daz3d.com/fly-girl-hd-for-genesis-2-female

There's also an expansion coming out for this line of figures:

http://www.daz3d.com/bio-squad-dragonfly

It'll allow the face to be covered with a mouth-guard. I'm interested to see how it looks when combined with Fly Girl's head.

And, obviously, if someone were able to create arachnid/crustacean-inspired legs, they'd go amazingly well with all of those ideas! Am very impressed with the Succubus Add-On serpent trunk and some insectoid stuff would be wonderful to mix-and-match where required.

edited December 1969

Xenomorphine -- yeah, I love Fly Girl, but some mouthparts would be a great addition, as would a texture to simulate faceted eyes. I kitbashed a sort of fly mask with a gas mask, some poseable tubes sticking out of it and some big spheres for eyes, tiled with a sort of geodesic shader, but it was more of a kinky thing than a hybrid creature thing.

Regarding arachnid/crustacean legs, Vanishing Point's Arachnox has a robotic lower section that could work [although he also has a cannon??? in the rear]. That's over at Renderosity [can we link there from here?]. But a) it's based on VP's original figure, Vincent Porter, not commonly used, and b) it's robotic in nature, not organic.

The Succubus Add-On package is quite expensive, so I was thinking I might make snake hybrids out of MAB and WillDupree's Creatura Serpenta for V4 http://www.daz3d.com/creatura-serpenta-for-victoria-4 or RawArt's Gorgon for Genesis http://www.daz3d.com/the-gorgon , but the Succubus Add-Ons wouldn't require any adaptations. And bat wings are always nice too... The last set I got was from MAB and WillDupree's Popobawa for Genesis http://www.daz3d.com/popobawa-for-genesis , but they don't fit nicely to G2F.

Maybe the Succubus Add-Ons will eventually go into my cart. Do the wings have morphs to increase the size? In their default state, they aren't nearly large enough to lift G2F!

--MW

edited December 1969

Yep! Just played around with it and the size doesn't seem to have any limits. Was able to get them to the size of a battleship and hit no restrictions, whatsoever. If you put the values into minus figures, they're actually turn inside-out and reverse, all the way out.

So, any size you please.

edited December 1969

Xenomorphine -- thank you for checking that out. Another question or two -- do the wings and/or snake tail have pose controls? I like the Popobawa wings because they have sliders that spread, fold and flap them, and it would be great if the Succubus Add-Ons had them too [especially at that price!].

--MW

edited December 1969

Absolutely. I've got that set, actually. :) I prefer the Popobara wings a little more, because I like draconian wings to not have a lengthy membrane connecting to the body, but... You're forced to use the green/red skins which it comes with or otherwise, if you see the 'join', it doesn't look natural. This new set doesn't have that problem so much.

Has all the poses you need for the wings and tail you could need. The only issue is that the bend in the waist for the tail has to be manually altered, section by section. The actual easy-pose stuff affects the rest of the trunk: Coiling/bending from the middle or end and so forth (as with other available tails). The wings flap, flex and all the rest of it (strangely, they will fit to Genesis 1, but any attempts to pose them do nothing and leave it static - the tail doesn't really fit to Genesis 1, at all).

I'd have also liked one-shade colours for the tail. There are only patterned textures for it, at the moment. But as you get four or so with them, it's a nice variety.

edited December 1969

I appreciate the details, Xenomorphine. Would'a' been great if I could get that all from the product page, but, for such a nifty product, the Succubus Add-Ons have a surprisingly scant set of details. Very odd...

Well, the pose sliders for the snake parts and the wings have convinced me -- this is going on my wish list. Now...do I buy it while it's a 30% off new release, or do I wait until it's no longer new, but there's some big discount? Decisions, decisions...

--MW

edited December 1969

Depends how in need of it you are. :)

It's something very relevant for an art project I'm working on at the moment. Was a must-have and an improvement, in several areas, to the Gorgon for Genesis 1. Have also been in need of some non-feathery wings for ages.

Now, if someone can just make some non-furry textures for the smooth tail from the Creature Creator sets...