December 2020 - Daz 3D New User Challenge - Open Render Challenge

13»

Comments

• no noseno nose Posts: 300

Decided to say screw it and make a custom hdri in blender, there is still some adjustments that I want to do to it, but I think it will work a lot better then what I did befroe

7.png
    889 x 500 - 340K
  • no nose said:

Decided to say screw it and make a custom hdri in blender, there is still some adjustments that I want to do to it, but I think it will work a lot better then what I did befroe

OK, a bit hard for me to explain but how about you give it some motion upwards lik red stringy drops pulling upward in the direction of her arm 

what I think of is hundreds of string-like drops going up as if the drops are pulled by gravity upward and her arm is directing them so to speak

_ AL1vE _ said:

no nose said:

OK, a bit hard for me to explain but how about you give it some motion upwards lik red stringy drops pulling upward in the direction of her arm 

what I think of is hundreds of string-like drops going up as if the drops are pulled by gravity upward and her arm is directing them so to speak

sort of like reverse gravity rain? I used to have something that might have worked for this but it was extremely slow on my computer.

• no nose said:

_ AL1vE _ said:

no nose said:

sort of like reverse gravity rain? I used to have something that might have worked for this but it was extremely slow on my computer.

you nailed it

yes, reverse gravity rain

• davidjones8418davidjones8418 Posts: 166
    edited December 2020

Title: Mistake

Software: Daz 4.12.1.118 (iRay), Blender, Gimp

Challenge: December.

Not sure whether this counts as beginner or intermediate. Got into 3d art in the summer. There is a little bit of kitbashing here, so.. intermediate?

I was hoping to use a canvas for this as I haven't done that yet and I (finally) understand what it is about. However, I was way too ambitious with the scene contents and there wasn't time to do any of that here. Using 10 figures was the reason I guess, though I scene optimized the blurred ones like crazy.

The purse and rose are from a 3d model site. The rose was easy but the purse was a nightmare. Crazy given how tiny it is in the scene. A few material changes on clothing and lie for his tattoo. A free hdri for the street scene outside.

I am still a little at sea with dof. I suspect this is to do with the composition and that maybe you need to compose the image differently to begin with if you are going to use dof.

Anyhoo, here it is and a happy new year to you all.

Mistake.jpg
    2730 x 2048 - 1M
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • davidjones8418 said:

Not sure whether this counts as beginner or intermediate. Got into 3d art in the summer. There is a little bit of kitbashing here, so.. intermediate?

I was hoping to use a canvas for this as I haven't done that yet and I (finally) understand what it is about. However, I was way too ambitious with the scene contents and there wasn't time to do any of that here. Using 10 figures was the reason I guess, though I scene optimized the blurred ones like crazy.

The purse and rose are from a 3d model site. The rose was easy but the purse was a nightmare. Crazy given how tiny it is in the scene. A few material changes on clothing and lie for his tattoo. A free hdri for the street scene outside.

I am still a little at sea with dof. I suspect this is to do with the composition and that maybe you need to compose the image differently to begin with if you are going to use dof.

classic New Years Eve smiley

I like it

• davidjones8418 said:

classic New Years Eve

I like it

smiley

edited December 2020

Title: Red

Software: Daz 4.14

Challange: whichever one free months count for

I was hoping to get two different entries this month, but maybe next time. I ended up spending way to much time trying to mess with Daz's surface settings to make the background, though I'm not sure how much I would have gotten done otherwise. The main idea I had was to have a lone character in the middle of what looked like an infinite sea, though the background mountains kind of messed with that.

Also i'm sorry AL1vE, I wasn't able to figure out a way to implement your suggestion in time.

8.jpg
    1778 x 1000 - 681K
    Post edited by no nose on
  • no nose said:

Title: Red

Software: Daz 4.14

Challange: whichever one free months count for

I was hoping to get two different entries this month, but maybe next time. I ended up spending way to much time trying to mess with Daz's surface settings to make the background, though I'm not sure how much I would have gotten done otherwise. The main idea I had was to have a lone character in the middle of what looked like an infinite sea, though the background mountains kind of messed with that.

Also i'm sorry AL1vE, I wasn't able to figure out a way to implement your suggestion in time.

it's not bad to be honest

good color palette

only thing you could have lit her up a bit more with a spotlight

congratulations, you did well

keep it up

yes

• LaPartitaLaPartita Posts: 401
    edited January 2021

My entry for the intermediate contest. 

A Wish for December 2021

Wishing everyone a safe and healthy new year, and here's hoping that we'll be able to safely see our loved ones in person soon!

catching up over afternoon coffee.png
    3000 x 1688 - 8M
    Post edited by LaPartita on
  • JasRTJasRT Posts: 13

LaPartita said:

My entry for the intermediate contest. 

A Wish for December 2021

Wishing everyone a safe and healthy new year, and here's hoping that we'll be able to safely see our loved ones in person soon!

Nicely done. I love the lighting, the intimacy, the clothing details, the background.... Very engaging!

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

This challenge is now closed.

Thanks to everyone for participating!

Happy New Year, as well.

• Hi and happy newyear everyone!

At t0mg, WoW she is beautiful.

At= Alias52, Black Summer vibes going on there.

December 2020

Showcased Participants for the December Beginners "Open Render" Challenge

JasRT

On Laughter-Silvered Wings

On Laughter-Silvered Wings, by JasRT

aqua1955

A Christmas Tale

A Christmas Tale, by aqua1955

vamok

…And the Imminent Consequence of Driving Distracted

…And the Imminent Consequence of Driving Distracted, by vamok

Showcased Participants for the December Intermediate "Open Render" Challenge

Tirick

Party Crashers

Party Crashers, by Tirick

davidjones8418

Mistake

Mistake, by davidjones8418

no nose

Red

Red, by no nose

New User Welcome

matthew12396_b37c3d416f

Stay Calm and Meditate

Stay Calm and Meditate, by matthew12396_b37c3d416f

t0mg

Lights & Fashion

Lights & Fashion, by t0mg

I'd like to extend a personal apology for not posting the Showcase images earlier. I've not been feeling well these past few months. Nothing to be concerned about, but enough to interfere with many of my favorite activities.

• Alias52Alias52 Posts: 284

Nothing is more important than your health. Hope you are feeling better.

Congratulations to all the winners - great work, all.

• TirickTirick Posts: 228

Thank you! Health should always be your first priority, hopefully you are feeling better!

• No worries; your health is much more important. Hope you're feeling better now! And congrats to all of the winners!

• vamokvamok Posts: 238

Be well L'Adair! Thank you and congratulations guys and gals!

• t0mgt0mg Posts: 48

Thanks for the showcase @L'Adair and hope you feel better! As other mentioned, health is always priority #1 

Thank you, all. I appreciate your well wishes.