Reality 2 Help! Rendering White Spots!

DrowElfMorwenDrowElfMorwen Posts: 536
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have been working with Reality 2 through DAZ Studio for a few months or so (though I've only used it for a few renders), and recently came across a problem I have never experienced before. Most of the picture is fine, but there are unexplained white spots all over my render! But oddly, somewhat patterned. I couldn't find anything on the Reality forum itself about this, but are there any users here who could help?

Here is my render, to show the problem. These are really bright dots!

Nawxkey2.png
884 x 995 - 2M

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

These look like 'fireflies' and they are a common occurrence in Luxrender

You could have a look here on the Luxrender forum : http://www.luxrender.net/wiki/New_User_Tips_and_Tricks

• DrowElfMorwenDrowElfMorwen Posts: 536
    edited December 1969

Thank you, I will try what they suggest on that page!

But now I'm having another problem, and it's with DAZ Studio!! I went to try this, but when I click "Reality Render", nothing happens.... like, nothing. It just doesn't react. As a test, I decided to try an LDPR render instead... again, nothing happened!

So then I tried a regular render... it worked, except that Genesis rendered completely white, with no features at all! >.>

This isn't the first time I've had this problem either, and I don't know what's causing it or how to fix it. :(

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

But now I’m having another problem, and it’s with DAZ Studio!! I went to try this, but when I click “Reality Render”, nothing happens…. like, nothing. It just doesn’t react. As a test, I decided to try an LDPR render instead… again, nothing happened!

When I click on Reality a window appears, do you get that or nothing at all? You should check inside DS, Help > About Installed Plugins to make sure that the Reality plugin loaded with no errors.

Genesis rendering completely white would suggest a shader being applied, can you exit DS, restart it, and load a Genesis figure, and see if everything is back to normal?
  • DrowElfMorwenDrowElfMorwen Posts: 536
    edited December 1969

NOTHING at all :( It's like I didn't click anything, even though I did. How strange! Cause even the LDP-R did the same thing. Just... nothing.

But it's so weird, like, I've been working on the file for days, and I didn't change anything about Genesis, nothing about the plugins, etc.... I guess I will have to try tomorrow if I have more time. Thanks!

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Silly question - have you recently instaled the Octane plug-in? I have found that it 'steps on the toes' of Reality, with all you seeing is a quick dialog box popping up before disappearing without trace. If that is so, than all you need do is, with DS shutdown, move the octane-related directory within the plugins directory somewhere safe. Reverse the prcess (with DS shutdown of course) any time you want to use the Octane plugin).

• pcicconepciccone Posts: 661
    edited December 1969

These look like 'fireflies' and they are a common occurrence in Luxrender

Hi.
    Actually they are not common at all, at least not with the current version of Reality and LuxRender.
  • pcicconepciccone Posts: 661
    edited December 1969

I have been working with Reality 2 through DAZ Studio for a few months or so (though I've only used it for a few renders), and recently came across a problem I have never experienced before.

What version of Reality and LuxRender are you using?