Military uniforms G8

If swastikas are politically incorrect, then German uniforms of the Great War (World War One). This could include those old monolithic monster tanks and steampunk trucks... Japanese uniforms of WW2. Napoleonic uniforms. British colonial uniforms of the Boar War and related era props. Revolutionary War unforms and props... A George Washington character for G8M!

Lots of possibilities.

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721

swastikas are not politically incorrect, they are actually illegal in Germany and other European countires. As for the other uniforms, it would be great to have them, but it's highly unlikely unless a PA has a passion for uniforms since they are a very niche item and probably wouldn't sell well.

• watchdog79watchdog79 Posts: 1,026

swastikas are not politically incorrect, they are actually illegal in Germany and other European countires. As for the other uniforms, it would be great to have them, but it's highly unlikely unless a PA has a passion for uniforms since they are a very niche item and probably wouldn't sell well.

As long as the PA makes the set modular and adds some Steampunk options, I would say they will sell like crazy.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721

As long as the PA makes the set modular and adds some Steampunk options, I would say they will sell like crazy.

Why? I dislike anything steampuink and always pass on anything steampunk in the stores. I would think that would make the product even more niche. I do agree on the modular part since that would add to the versatility, but unsure how that would work since many of those designs are fairly specific.

• watchdog79watchdog79 Posts: 1,026

Why? I dislike anything steampuink and always pass on anything steampunk in the stores. I would think that would make the product even more niche. I do agree on the modular part since that would add to the versatility, but unsure how that would work since many of those designs are fairly specific.

I think it would be very interesting to see how Universal Dress and its add-ons sell. Some are historical, some are fantasy, some are Steampunk.

As for Steampunk genre as such, I personally am mostly a fan of Victorian Steampunk, which is a bit closer to historical esthetics, and less "punk".

It would be great to have historical uniforms that have a different look than the uniforms used by the USA, especially modern days uniforms. Older uniforms than WWII would be awesome. When a base set with some options would be sold, modular add-ons could be added. Collar, shoulder and sleeve insignia pads or patches, ranking insignia for those, various headgear (caps and helmets alike), various boots, colour patterns, variants for enslisted/NCO's and officers, ammo pouches, belts, straps, weapon holsters, map bags, monoculars/binoculars holsters...

Preferably with as many material zones as possible. It would also open the possibility of having shader products specifically for uniforms and accessories.

These are some products that I would love to see updated for Genesis 8, male and female figures alike, because they really show their age. The latter is a particular pain in the rear end to use on Genesis 8 for me, because I haven't been able to overcome the T-pose it insists on taking.

https://www.daz3d.com/dynamic-uniforms-for-michael-4-genesis

https://www.daz3d.com/uniforms-for-michael-6