Where can I find the render node software for Carrara 8.1.1.12?

DaleHardmanDaleHardman Posts: 27
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I have been away for over 3 years and in that time the Daz website, forums and how I download my Daz software has all changed. I have been able to find and download the latest version of Carrara 8.1 but I am not seeing any listing for the render node client?

I spent time searching the Carrara forum & I found Analog-X64 made a post that sounds like the issue I am having but there was not a follow up post if there was a solution.

Option to download rendernode is not there and support strangeness.

Am I just poo out of luck unless I buy the Carrara 8.5 upgrade?

I just repaired the box that I use for network rendering so I was very excited to use it again but not being able to download the render client puts a wrench in the works :)

~Dale

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited August 2014

For me, the render node files show up as part of the download files that appear when I go to the "product library" tab of the "my account page" and look up the Carrara 8.5 Po files. (not sure if that means you need the upgrade but it is a hint). :sick:

Post edited by Diomede on
  • DaleHardmanDaleHardman Posts: 27
    edited December 1969

Hi Diomede64,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I am only seeing the windows and mac 8.1.1.12 carrara installers. I do not have any listing for the render node under the Carrara 8 or Carrara 8.1Pro in my Daz account profile. I hope Daz is not forcing us to upgrade to 8.5 to get the node client now.

Is anyone else having this issue?

~Dale

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

Hi Diomede64,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I am only seeing the windows and mac 8.1.1.12 carrara installers. I do not have any listing for the render node under the Carrara 8 or Carrara 8.1Pro in my Daz account profile. I hope Daz is not forcing us to upgrade to 8.5 to get the node client now.

Is anyone else having this issue?

~Dale

In my account the Render Nodes are missing for Carrara 7 and 8, but are still available for Carrara 8.5 and, oddly enough, Carrara 6.

Am I mistaken, or did I read elsewhere in the forum that the Carrara 8.5 render nodes are not working properly?

• DaleHardmanDaleHardman Posts: 27
    edited December 1969

Hi De3an,

Thanks for checking your account list for me. I find it very interesting that the node client is there for version 6 & 8.5 only. I did not see any mention about issues with the 8.5 node client but my searching was mainly focused on where to get the files so I might have missed a thread on 8.5 node client problems.

Well as it now looks like I was not just missing where to find the files. I will send a support request to Daz & report back on this thread what I find out.

Thank you all for your input.

~Dale

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

Hi De3an,

I did not see any mention about issues with the 8.5 node client but my searching was mainly focused on where to get the files so I might have missed a thread on 8.5 node client problems.

I looked for posts referring to current render node problems, but so far could only find this one:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/528238/
    It seems to be some kind of Mac OS compatibility issue.

I thought that I had read more of a discussion on this, but maybe not.