Wilmap's Digital Creations (Last Updated 18 March 2020)

Comments

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917

I only use Daz so I can't do dynamics at all I'm afraid.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    Wilmap said:

Well...sort of, 'not at all'...the price to get into doing them is prohibitive.  Definitely not something us mere mortals can do.

Nice one...

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,178

Yes, you've come up with another winner - thanks!

Auto Fit works quite well on G2F & G3F apart from the boots.

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited August 2015

Apparently I have a back-log of stuff I need to go threw, eek.

Notifications are still missing after my 'before coffee mistake' (I clicked the wrong thing in my email). And I still can't find a thing to get the Notifications back. Help.

20150828_NoNotificationStill_001.png
    1093 x 921 - 193K
    20150828_LastNotification_001.png
    764 x 442 - 18K
    Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
  • MrsMikkiMrsMikki Posts: 64

Apparently I have a back-log of stuff I need to go threw, eek.

Notifications are still missing after my 'before coffee mistake' (I clicked the wrong thing in my email). And I still can't find a thing to get the Notifications back. Help.

Had the same thing happen to me :)

@ZarconDeeGrissom I have let my son know and he has reinstated Notifications for you - will take effect next time.

@MrsMikki will get my son to reinstate you as well.

You must let us know if you unsubscribe by mistake.

edited August 2015
    Wilmap said:

@ZarconDeeGrissom I have let my son know and he has reinstated Notifications for you - will take effect next time.

O.K. thanks.

Not the best compared to my former stuff, tho, this is nice! Some ketching up, lol.

(EDIT)

I had to run out for a bit while looking at G2M Gladiator Outfit, in the midle of the first test render. I got an error, so I'm going to look at the install again (I may have messed something up myself).

20150828_New_LeisureSuit_001.png
    1226 x 1008 - 624K
    20150828_New_LeisureSuit_002.png
    1314 x 731 - 577K
    20150828_New_DiagonalDress_001.png
    1335 x 924 - 717K
    20150828_CaymanHDWilmap_01002_Render 1.jpg
    933 x 1400 - 723K
  • MrsMikkiMrsMikki Posts: 64

My ID is mrsmikki over at your site too. Thanks!  :)

edited August 2015
    Wilmap said:

Auto Fit works quite well on G2F & G3F apart from the boots.

The boots fit well enough just parented to G2F's feet...which tells me that they don't need to be autofit, which probably means just setting the compatible figures to include G2F should allow them to load without bringing up the autofit box or something like that...

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

Yeh, only SimonWM can I think. IIRC, which is doubtful. :)

Wilmap said:

edited August 2015

O.K. Just an Fyi. The Material apply for the Gladiator Outfit Arm Protector is kicking an error for some missing maps, that are in the zip.

brushedtex.jpg and brushedbump.jpg

The path appears to be wrong in the duf, pointing to "Shaders/Sha's Shaders 2" rather then "Runtime/textures/Pusey Designs". An understandable mistake.

From the looks of it, the maps are for the 'EdgeTrim' surface (It's kind of missing maps). The rest looks superb.

Thanks ZarconDeeGrisso - have amended the material file and just uploading the updated file to the website.

• Wilmap said:

Thanks ZarconDeeGrisso - have amended the material file and just uploading the updated file to the website.

Sorry for the delay. All fixed, thanks.

20150829_MalakaiWilmap_01003_Render 1.jpg
    933 x 1400 - 508K

I didn't get that error...probably because I already had Sha's stuff installed.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,851

Most people use the default viewport settings, I don't, so all of the backfaces of the polygons are "drawn" in my viewport, this shows up items that have the Normals "flipped", which is something I find quite often with your models, normally it's just the odd little bit but the G3F Nightie is by far the worse one, only the two bows and a line of polygons around the bodice pipping have the correct Normals.

edited September 2015
    Bejaymac said:

Most people use the default viewport settings, I don't, so all of the backfaces of the polygons are "drawn" in my viewport, this shows up items that have the Normals "flipped", which is something I find quite often with your models, normally it's just the odd little bit but the G3F Nightie is by far the worse one, only the two bows and a line of polygons around the bodice pipping have the correct Normals.

In my default settings, they just show up as black in the viewfield, lol. I have not noticed it in the few items I've had time to fussed with (As in glaring in my face screaming something is wrong, lol). Tho agreed, Flipped normals don't look bad, until you try to put 'velvet' on them (they start to glow badly).

(EDIT) Something that is a major splinter in my foot, is the spell check and lack of gram or-check on this forum, grrrr.

edited September 2015

So why don't people tell me about them?

I can't put things right if I'm not told!!!

EDIT: File has been updated. Please let me know if it is working properly now.

Post edited by Wilmap on
    edited September 2015

hmm. looks like some specs of mesh being pushed threw the outer layer by mesh smoothing. Tho this is not quite the inverted normals as Bejaymac was hinting at. That and this really was not apparent with the provided textures in a render. I haven't found any inverted normals yet, I'll keep looking...

I will note that G3F is a tad more dificult to deal with then G2F.

"Things are getting a tad sticky", lol.

20150904_WilmapTesting01001.png
    1360 x 820 - 122K
    20150904_WilmapTesting02001.png
    1360 x 820 - 176K
    edited September 2015

I never noticed this before, oops. Unlike the above mesh smoothing thing, this is inside out.

(EDIT)

I'm not sure if the 'chrome' eyelets on the back of the dress is of much importance at all (A non-issue for me).

(EDIT2)

wow, The Peddle Pusher Pants (Or whatever the set is called, lol). I've used the top without issue many times.

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/images/41199

20150904_WilmapTesting03001_BootLiningAndCuff.png
    1360 x 820 - 186K
    20150904_WilmapTesting04001_BackEyelets.png
    1360 x 820 - 139K
    20150904_WilmapTesting05001_Pants_BeltAndLegSleeve.png
    1360 x 820 - 238K
    edited September 2015

None of those items show in my viewport like yours. No pokethrough on base shapes and no black parts!  I am using the latest version of Daz.

The boots top is inside out because the top has been turned over!

Other items will be flipped such as collar and cuffs if they have also been turned over.

Post edited by Wilmap on
    edited September 2015

None of those items show in my viewport like yours. No pokethrough on base shapes and no black parts!  I am using the latest version of Daz.

OK. I opted to have 'Backface Lighting' off, so it shows inside-out surfaces (as dark or black), and more impotently for me, it also puts less strain on my 'limited' graphics card. That 'Mesh smoothing' thing, is just that, non-daz G2F figure shape pushing the clothing out to the shape of the figure. There are Ways, to work around that, and I did as much with the blue 'Vintage Dress', by adding a bit more of the Auto-generated FBM dial shape for the chest to get the vertical hem-line out of the inner cloth. The only 'Poke threw' I've had to deal with on Generation 6 is 'nipples', and tucking shirts inside pants (or vise versa). Lets just not talk about G3F, it's a sour subject for me, lol.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/883414/#Comment_883414

The above three items (in my former post here) was All I found with what I have installed for G2F items. The rest look fine, Like these (attached).

I'm going to check out that "Pleated Skirt Dress" now, it looks good in the promo. Thank you.

Wilmap said:

The boots top is inside out because the top has been turned over!

Ah, I thought that was a second layer of mesh inside the boots. Douh! lol.

20150904_BackfaceLighting_001.png
    526 x 523 - 17K
    20150904_WilmapTesting06001_NoProbsAtAllWithMostStuff.png
    1360 x 820 - 219K
    20150904_ML6Wachiwi2_AltLin_02003_Render 2.jpg
    1000 x 1500 - 1M
    20150904_ML6Wachiwi2_AltLin_03001_Render 3.jpg
    1000 x 1500 - 1M
  • What an amazing collection of outfits and props. Thank you so much for this fantastic share!

edited September 2015

Having some fun with Wilmap's stuff.

As for cute, lol. I decided I had ignored Gogo long enough, lol. Boots and Dress by Wendy, other stuff by many other PA's.

20150904_CsGogoAltMaeki_01015_Render 1.jpg
    1000 x 1500 - 1M
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,905

I'll point out that if you use dynamic outfits, you can set Wilmap outfits to collide with them, 'wrapping' them around.

It's not ideal in every situation, but I've used it to turn a somewhat stiff and clingy nightgown into something more flowy:

Original: http://willbear.deviantart.com/art/Dreamer-s-key-553645080

Same outfit set to collide with a dynamic gown: http://willbear.deviantart.com/art/Dreamer-s-Key3-556718879

(and then there's fit control and other products, or you can fit Wilmap outfits to a supersuit to adjust fit more precisely, etc)

• If you would like some knit textures for the Pleated Skirt Dress: http://www.sharecg.com/v/82055/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Pleated