Ordering content folders (and content folders in general).

skybluerobskybluerob Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hello,

Is there a way to change the order of the content runtime folders once you add them. I want to put mine into alphabetical order but can't figure out how.

And out of interest, how many runtime folders do you guys have? I have quite a few as I like to try to keep things seperate as best I can.

Thanks.

Rob.

Comments

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited December 1969

Hello,

Is there a way to change the order of the content runtime folders once you add them. I want to put mine into alphabetical order but can't figure out how.

And out of interest, how many runtime folders do you guys have? I have quite a few as I like to try to keep things seperate as best I can.

Thanks.

Rob.

You organize your content folders (Poser type) as you want in your following files in the "Runtime/Libraries” :
    - Faces
    - Figures
    - Hair
    - Hands
    - Pose
    - Props
    (The others do not appear)
    You can make a lot of files inside each of these, but not outside.
    The only thing which is important also is to not touch to the files “Geometry” and “Textures”.
    When your edition is done, reload the runtime in carrara (if all this folder is moved), if not, only re-open Carrara, the updated files are loaded
    I uses the Carrara Runtime and Poser Runtime in Carrara, (I don't know about Studio content).

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited August 2014

I read again your question and I requests if these are not all your Runtimes folders that you want to classify in Carrara…
    If it is the case, it is very simple, you create a file e.g. “A” and you places a runtime inside, then a file “B” and you places another runtime inside etc…
    If you don't want to reload each file, you places them in only one which you name as you want and you reload it in Carrara (the black icon on the right of the timeline).

Post edited by DUDU on
  • skybluerobskybluerob Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi,

Thanks for your responses.

It is more that I have say, the following content folders loaded in:

Exterior Items
    Interior Items
    Victoria 4

Then if I want to add Michael 4, he'll end up underneath, but I was wondering if there was a way to re-arrange them so they're in alphabetical order if you add a new one.

It doesn't look like there is but worth an ask.

Thanks.

Rob,

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Yeah, I don't think there's a way unless you want to crack something open is a text editor and screw with it that way. I think the old forums had some discussion on this, but it seemed to much of a PITA to bother with.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

I believe that the "Category" view is what your after,. it's in DS, and as far as I'm aware, it allows the user to "create" categories and re-arrange content items within those,. the most important part of this is that it's a "Virtual" way to organise your content, (no real files are moved)