multiple figure texture problem

jarbeardjarbeard Posts: 53
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Why do the textures go strange when I try to add another figure to an existing scene that I have already made containing two figures?

Strange question maybe but It keeps happening.....

John.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,126
    edited August 2014

Probably because both are using the AoA subsurface shader, or possibly uberSurface or the like though that's usually less noticeable, and have the same group ID. The renderer treats all surfaces with the same ID as part of a single object for the purposes of light scattering, and in the AoA SSS shader uses only one set of certain parameters across all surfaces in that group which can product odd results if two material sets use different values. The fix is to make sure that the IDs on different figures are different (without making all the IDs on a single figure the same, if they were different initially). So say you have two figures, using the SSS shader, with each having an ID of 1 for the skin and 2 for the eyes - you'd want to give one figure an ID of 3 for the skin and 4 for the eyes to differentiate it.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • jarbeardjarbeard Posts: 53
    edited December 1969

How do you do that Richard?

Better still, is there a tutorial or guide that will explain all that you said?

This is all new to me.

Thanks for getting in touch.

John.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,126
    edited December 1969

Just select the surfaces in the Surface pane, type group into the filter box and note or adjust the values. The group ID is just an arbitrary number, used to separate distinct surfaces.