Star Trek Builders Unite 6: The Undiscovered Thread

Comments

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

jrvilmur said:
    mdbruffy said:
    jrvilmur said:
    mdbruffy said:
    Okay, here's Captain Tamera Kirk in the Prologue Two Uniform. This is the V3 Ultra Catsuit- and I've never seen so many material zones in one outfit in my life! Since Tam appears in these last 2 stories, I needed a V3 version of jrvilmur's uniform idea.

That's looking pretty good.

I got lucky with the suit. The material zones break just where I needed them to.

Sometimes its better to be lucky than good.... not only that i have noticed that having to "make" something work often nets the best results. art thrives on limitations :)

This is true. Sometimes the best solution isn't always the first one. Sometimes you have to adjust your plans based on what you've got instead of what you want.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,275
    edited December 1969

There are very good seam guides available for the V3 Catsuit if you are going to make a custom texture or bump maps to add details. From my own experience, I'd suggest avoiding doing too much with the shoulders and breasts, it tends to get distorted.

edited February 2015

TimG said:
    There are very good seam guides available for the V3 Catsuit if you are going to make a custom texture or bump maps to add details. From my own experience, I'd suggest avoiding doing too much with the shoulders and breasts, it tends to get distorted.

I got the seam guidelines map that Daz has on the product page. That worked okay.

Post edited by mdbruffy on
    edited February 2015

This uses an M4 morph. Anyone know if this is PDSmith's morph?

Edit: Paul says this isn't his. He says it's either Vilmur's or Wertz.. Anybody know?

Make_it_so-_test_render.jpg
    990 x 1380 - 154K
    Post edited by mdbruffy on
  • rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    Type 15 shuttle:

OK, you are officially nominated (ordered!) to do a full Runabout with interior and exterior!

UGGG, the runabout, I think I've started that 3 times, at least the inside. I think in time I'll get it done.

• NVent3dNVent3d Posts: 113
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:

Edit: Paul says this isn't his. He says it's either Vilmur's or Wertz.. Anybody know?

Wertz' will have a weird neck. I am not sure if it is mine.

edited December 1969

jrvilmur said:
    mdbruffy said:

There's no problem with the neck on this one.

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    jrvilmur said:
    mdbruffy said:

Could be mine, does it have heavy bags under the eyes and forehead wrinkles?

Also does anyone remember who did senior crew quarters for tng? i remember having one a while back... at least i think i remember one.

edited December 1969

jrvilmur said:
    mdbruffy said:
    jrvilmur said:
    mdbruffy said:

Also does anyone remember who did senior crew quarters for tng? i remember having one a while back... at least i think i remember one.

No forehead wrinkles and no neck problems.

Picard-close-up-WEB.jpg
    2000 x 1369 - 138K
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    jrvilmur said:
    mdbruffy said:
    jrvilmur said:
    mdbruffy said:

picard_by_vilmur-d3240nz.png
    900 x 1374 - 482K
    edited December 1969

jrvilmur said:
    mdbruffy said:
    jrvilmur said:
    mdbruffy said:
    jrvilmur said:
    mdbruffy said:

Looks like we have a mystery then. Paul says it's not his, it's not Wertz- no neck problems, it's not yours. I'll have to credit "Unknown" then.

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    jrvilmur said:
    mdbruffy said:
    jrvilmur said:
    mdbruffy said:

Wait is it maybe Celtic Archie's?

edited December 1969

jrvilmur said:
    mdbruffy said:
    jrvilmur said:
    mdbruffy said:
    jrvilmur said:
    mdbruffy said:

I'll ask him.

edited December 1969

jrvilmur said:
    mdbruffy said:
    jrvilmur said:
    mdbruffy said:
    jrvilmur said:
    mdbruffy said:

Just got a responce from Celtic Archie. It's not his either. I know I didn't do it. :roll:

edited December 1969

On to the rest of the crew. Deanna Troi. This one's still a WIP. I need to work with the hair a little more. And this time I know who did the morph: akibabe2010. The dress is a texture by Mylochka for V4's Courageous. I'm goingto be using more of the Gen4 figures this time than I've ever used.

Deanna-_WIP.jpg
    1612 x 1000 - 140K
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    jrvilmur said:
    mdbruffy said:
    jrvilmur said:
    mdbruffy said:
    jrvilmur said:
    mdbruffy said:

Just got a responce from Celtic Archie. It's not his either. I know I didn't do it. :roll:

Maybe "The Picard" himself made it? I just got meta and broke the 4th wall at the same time....

edited December 1969

I have character morphs for Picard, Riker, Deanna and Beverly. Anyone know where I can find morphs- M3 or M4 either one- for Geordi and Worf?

edited December 1969

My final version of Deanna. I have morphs of Picard, Deanna, Riker,Beverly and Data. Still need morphs of Geordi and Worf.

Deanna_-Final.jpg
    792 x 1000 - 115K
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited February 2015

mdbruffy said:
    My final version of Deanna. I have morphs of Picard, Deanna, Riker,Beverly and Data. Still need morphs of Geordi and Worf.

http://celticarchie.deviantart.com/art/Lt-Cmdr-Geordi-LaForge-179235169
    He made one, don't know if it was a share or not.

Somebody else in here made one, ? where the reference or link is atm. Google search just isn't what it used to be.

I think the best for Worf so far was Bluto's skin texture bump map.

oops ... forgot, there is this one: http://www.sharecg.com/v/55176/gallery/11/Poser/Alien-Forehead-Morph

Post edited by patience55 on
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:

Somebody else in here made one, ? where the reference or link is atm. Google search just isn't what it used to be.

oops ... forgot, there is this one: http://www.sharecg.com/v/55176/gallery/11/Poser/Alien-Forehead-Morph

Got the forehead morph and sent Celtic Archie a note over at DA. Thanks!

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:

You're welcome ... sharecg.com is quirky again so I don't know if there be something here or not, from the list.

www.sharecg.com/v/67296/browse/11/Poser/space-people-morphs Supposed to be a Klingon morph in there by Bluto.

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:

You're welcome ... sharecg.com is quirky again so I don't know if there be something here or not, from the list.

www.sharecg.com/v/67296/browse/11/Poser/space-people-morphs Supposed to be a Klingon morph in there by Bluto.

I have that collection already. But I don't know if I can get the Klingon morph close enough. If I can't find a Worf morph (another tongue twister) I'll have to try it.

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:

I have that collection already. But I don't know if I can get the Klingon morph close enough. If I can't find a Worf morph (another tongue twister) I'll have to try it.

Okay ... found a link but hopefully you'll have better luck getting the page to load ... may or not be helpful:

www.sharecg.com/v/50939/gallery/11/Poser/TNG-GEORDI-for-M4-poser

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:

Okay ... found a link but hopefully you'll have better luck getting the page to load ... may or not be helpful:

Thanks for the effort:

"Error while loading upload with id 50939; it may have been removed."

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:

Thanks for the effort:

"Error while loading upload with id 50939; it may have been removed."

Oh well. These things happen too. Was combing through an old list. Finally cleared the browser cache trying to find some but same results. It may be time to start making some new ones.

• rschulterschulte Posts: 485
    edited December 1969

Perhaps you might want to contact this user, "USS Titan" has a really nice TNG gallery ... You might ask if he's going to offer his morphs.

http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=cubwoof

edited December 1969

rschulte said:
    Perhaps you might want to contact this user, "USS Titan" has a really nice TNG gallery ... You might ask if he's going to offer his morphs.

http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=cubwoof

I left him a message.

edited December 1969

What's a good hair for Will Riker?

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,296
    edited December 1969

this might work http://www.daz3d.com/mature-mark-hair

closest I could find here at daz

edited December 1969

this might work http://www.daz3d.com/mature-mark-hair

closest I could find here at daz

Okay. I have that one in my Runtime already. I'll give it a try. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.