Star Trek Builders Unite 6: The Undiscovered Thread

Comments

• jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

More free .obj plants including Roses available at XFrog.

Thanks so much! :D

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

You're quite welcome.

n.b. That is a site for "one at a time" downloading and some of the .obj files are VERY large ... haven't tried it yet to see if D/S will load it, but one was over 400mb. Another only about 20mb.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,880
    edited December 1969

DS has a very good Geometry engine and will load large OBJ files with ease

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    DS has a very good Geometry engine and will load large OBJ files with ease

Agreed.

And for today's uploads I have some textures for the Casual Sweatshirt. And a big bandaid for wounded captains.

n.b. for the textures the badges are not yet done.

Body_Bandaid.jpg
    939 x 630 - 72K
    Blazing_Trails_small.JPG
    1500 x 1125 - 155K
  • mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

Does anyone know if there are any uniform designs for the period between the movies and Next Gen? I'm looking for designs that would work at about 20 years before Next Gen.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,275
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    Does anyone know if there are any uniform designs for the period between the movies and Next Gen? I'm looking for designs that would work at about 20 years before Next Gen.

Garrett was captain of the Enterprise C in 2344, 20 years before the D was commissioned. That crew wore the maroon jackets without the turtlenecks underneath.

edited December 1969

TimG said:
    mdbruffy said:

Garrett was captain of the Enterprise C in 2344, 20 years before the D was commissioned. That crew wore the maroon jackets without the turtlenecks underneath.

I remember that and I never liked it. That was definitely a budget decision. I was hoping someone might've come up with a non-canon design I could use instead.

• blutobluto Posts: 832
    edited December 1969

mad why not go with the next gen tunic but make it all maroon instead of division color and black?

• NVent3dNVent3d Posts: 113
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    TimG said:
    mdbruffy said:

I remember that and I never liked it. That was definitely a budget decision. I was hoping someone might've come up with a non-canon design I could use instead.

This is a big IF but IF I were trying to tackle that I might go with a mash up of these two designs. black pants, maroon top with division colors but bits of white trim to carry the movie look over.

tng_ish.jpg
    672 x 597 - 86K
    movie-uniforms-class-b.jpg
    800 x 549 - 50K
    edited December 1969

This is what I had for Nova Trek 11: On the Homefront. So I don't really think I can go back to the movie-style influence. So I'm starting to think that maybe Bluto has the better idea.

the_new_uniforms_by_mdbruffy-d7xyh1w.jpg
    1400 x 868 - 321K
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    This is what I had for Nova Trek 11: On the Homefront. So I don't really think I can go back to the movie-style influence. So I'm starting to think that maybe Bluto has the better idea.

Just did this for my own consumption.

next_gen_maroon.png
    1086 x 1086 - 77K
    edited December 1969

jrvilmur said:
    mdbruffy said:

That looks about right. Give it a combadge and a rank badge or pip and that would work.

• blutobluto Posts: 832
    edited December 1969

I was thinking something like this

Render_1.jpg
    900 x 756 - 82K
    edited December 1969

bluto said:
    I was thinking something like this

That's kind of close to what I had in "On the Homefront".
    The next story has 2 prologues, then picks up right after the last season of Next Gen. So I need one version at about 25-30 years Before Next Gen, and one about 15 years before Next Gen.Both would be along time after "On the Homefront".

Sarek.jpg
    356 x 868 - 100K
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    TimG said:
    mdbruffy said:

I've never liked the maroon jackets. They seem too heavy for inside a climate controlled ship.

I've always thought the Motion Picture suits would be sharp if they were recolored with the TNG color scheme.

edited December 1969

I always did think the jackets were too heavy. I think if they had been made more like shirts than jackets, they would have worked better. Thing is, at this point in my series, I'm closer to the Next Gen style than I am the movies. I think jrvilmur has the idea- either that or something like the jumpsuits they used in the first season.

edited December 1969

jrvilmur said:
    mdbruffy said:

jrvilmur, which figure is this for? Do you have a female version? would you mind if I borrowed them?

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    I always did think the jackets were too heavy. I think if they had been made more like shirts than jackets, they would have worked better. Thing is, at this point in my series, I'm closer to the Next Gen style than I am the movies. I think jrvilmur has the idea- either that or something like the jumpsuits they used in the first season.

You know what might even work better? the picard jacket in all red fabric rather than suede, with the unsdershirts upper area having division colors.

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    jrvilmur said:
    mdbruffy said:

jrvilmur, which figure is this for? Do you have a female version? would you mind if I borrowed them?

Thats my "Explorer" outfit for genesis 2 male. which is also available for v4 and m4.

edited December 1969

jrvilmur said:
    mdbruffy said:
    jrvilmur said:
    mdbruffy said:

Thats my "Explorer" outfit for genesis 2 male. which is also available for v4 and m4.

I'd have to convert it then for V3. Have you posted that one yet?

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    jrvilmur said:
    mdbruffy said:
    jrvilmur said:
    mdbruffy said:

Just pm'ed you the details. I am taking afew days off work, so I could help you with the textures if you have the outfit.

edited December 1969

jrvilmur said:
    mdbruffy said:
    jrvilmur said:
    mdbruffy said:
    jrvilmur said:
    mdbruffy said:

Just pm'ed you the details. I am taking afew days off work, so I could help you with the textures if you have the outfit.

Okay. Give me time to get things set up and see what's what and I'll let you know. Thanks!

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    jrvilmur said:
    mdbruffy said:
    jrvilmur said:
    mdbruffy said:
    jrvilmur said:
    mdbruffy said:

Okay. Give me time to get things set up and see what's what and I'll let you know. Thanks!

No sweat, let me know if you need help with anything.

edited December 1969

jrvilmur said:
    mdbruffy said:
    jrvilmur said:
    mdbruffy said:
    jrvilmur said:
    mdbruffy said:
    jrvilmur said:
    mdbruffy said:

No sweat, let me know if you need help with anything.

I will. :-)

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    TimG said:
    mdbruffy said:

how about the TWOK Variant jumpsuit, recolored with the TNG scheme of black and department color?

twok-uniforms6.jpg
    686 x 708 - 115K
    edited December 1969

TimG said:
    mdbruffy said:
    TimG said:
    mdbruffy said:

how about the TWOK Variant jumpsuit, recolored with the TNG scheme of black and department color?

Unfortunately, after the uniforms I used in "On the Homefront" that would be a step backwards. I want to move further toward the NG design without actually using it. I have 2 prologues that come before the TV series, then I'm going with the black and grey outfit.

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:

Unfortunately, after the uniforms I used in "On the Homefront" that would be a step backwards. I want to move further toward the TNG design without actually using it. I have 2 prologues that come before the TV series, then I'm going with the black and grey outfit.

If you're thinking of a bridge between looks, I'd still consider a full jumpsuit look, even if it's different colors. They wore at the beginning of TNG, so it would make sense in that regard.

edited December 1969

TimG said:
    mdbruffy said:

Unfortunately, after the uniforms I used in "On the Homefront" that would be a step backwards. I want to move further toward the TNG design without actually using it. I have 2 prologues that come before the TV series, then I'm going with the black and grey outfit.

If you're thinking of a bridge between looks, I'd still consider a full jumpsuit look, even if it's different colors. They wore at the beginning of TNG, so it would make sense in that regard.

That's what I'm leaning toward.

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    TimG said:
    mdbruffy said:

For the transitional look, you want to stick with the maroon jacket type departmental colors, but move away from the maroon main body color?

edited December 1969

TimG said:
    mdbruffy said:
    TimG said:
    mdbruffy said:

For the transitional look, you want to stick with the maroon jacket type departmental colors, but move away from the maroon main body color?

I don't know yet. I'm still getting stuff organized. I've bought jrvilnur's outfits and I'm installing those in my Runtime. Then I'll see where I go from there.

This discussion has been closed.