Saving the new character to the library of DAZ 4

olik9olik9 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

How to do it? The "+" in the Contant Library is not active even when I use base Genesis figure. What is the process for saving?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,114
    edited December 1969

If the + is disabled you are probably in a location you can't save native files to - such as a folder under Poser Formats in the Content Library pane.

• olik9olik9 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ok. If the problem is the right directory why the "+" is not active when I want to resave the default Genesis figure to the same directory where it is stored?

edited December 1969

Where exactly are you loading Genesis from - Smart Content or Content Library, and from what path within the pane?

edited December 1969

Content Library.
    Please describe the right process of saving. Not sure I understand the difference between saving figure asset, figure preset and figure to the library. Now I need to know how can I save the modified Genesis or complete new figure in DAZ Studio 4 to use it next time.
    Here is the screenshot where I am

Untitled-1.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 494K
    edited December 1969

Hmm, the + should be enabled there - try switching to another layout (Window>Workspace>Select layout).

edited December 1969

I tried all of them ((( It doesn't work

edited December 1969

Assuming you have the default content directories, with Genesis in My DAZ 3d Library in the Public Documents folder and with a DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library folder in your own documents folder, what happens if you go to the My Library folder under DAZ Studio Formats? I notice you are using Windows 8 and I wonder if, somehow, write access is being blocked - it would seem unlikely, but it's worth checking. If you aren't using the defaults, where is the \People\Genesis folder on your system?

edited December 1969

I use all the default setting in DAZ Studio 4. It uses C:\Users\Îëüãà\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\People\Genesis directory for storing Genesis. \Îëüãà is created by DAZ installer. As I heard it was because of the non-latin naming of some system directories in my computer.

edited December 1969

Îëüãà is how DS is reading your user name, which presumably uses Unicode characters. I can well imagine that that is the issue. Setting up a content directory in your Public Documents folder would probably allow you to save normally, since I imagine that would have only the standard US-centric characters.

edited December 1969

No it is not my computer\user name, it is 100% created by DS directory because of non-latin name of my comp. I checked it.

edited December 1969

I know it's not your user name (it's a user name, not a computer name) but it is the way DS reads your user name. If you used an account with only the basic characters in the user name, or created a content folder that wasn't in a user account (say "C:\Test Content\Try this") and told DS to use that as a DAZ Studio content directory (right-click DAZ Studio Formats, click Add Base Directory, and add the "C:\Test Content\Try this" folder) I think you would find the + was enabled there - if not we would at least have eliminated one possible issue.