Has there ever been a Carrara 3d express update?

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Title says it all.

I do realize that new versions of carrara got released. I did at one point purchase one of the newer versions but since it was soooo riddled with bugs I asked for a refund and I'm glad I did as it seems the update for that was just now released. I don't even know what to say about that.

However I did purchase the express version for some quick rendering outside of Poser or C4D and I do like many of the features. Even though it was only something like 20 or 30 dollars when I bought it I would still expect Daz to be supporting the product.

So the question is, was there an update that I missed or was this buggy program just released and then forgotten about like the others? Daz I do love you but you are not inspiring much confidence in your customers. I can't see spending hundreds on a program from you if the low end ones don't even work right or warrant your attention. Please tell me I missed an update.

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

jjroland said:
    Title says it all.

I do realize that new versions of carrara got released. I did at one point purchase one of the newer versions but since it was soooo riddled with bugs I asked for a refund and I'm glad I did as it seems the update for that was just now released. I don't even know what to say about that.

However I did purchase the express version for some quick rendering outside of Poser or C4D and I do like many of the features. Even though it was only something like 20 or 30 dollars when I bought it I would still expect Daz to be supporting the product.

So the question is, was there an update that I missed or was this buggy program just released and then forgotten about like the others? Daz I do love you but you are not inspiring much confidence in your customers. I can't see spending hundreds on a program from you if the low end ones don't even work right or warrant your attention. Please tell me I missed an update.

not that I know of - what version do you have ?
    you could try a reset and see if its newer than what you have .

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,317
    edited December 1969

IIRC they abandoned it. Its sitting in my itemised history somewhere too.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

There was a C7Express, but nothing since then. I doubt C7E is for sale any more.

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I bought it, twice. LOL!

C7.2 is very stable, but as I recall C7E did not get those full updates (but I may not be correct on that)...

Unfortunately even though it should have been a gateway to Carrara content, Express was still too much Carrara for casual users so it generated more complaints than it was probably worth. Rather than giving people a taste of Carrara's render engine and shaders at a stupifying price, it gave newbies a program cheap enough to discard when they didn't instantly "get" it. The forums were flooded with drive by haters.