Need Help fitting custom clothing... very frustrated!

SubGeniusZeroSubGeniusZero Posts: 61
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello,

I'm wondering if someone can help me with a perplexing problem. I've got this really cool suit of armor I've modeled in Autodesk Maya 2015. I've tried exporting it as an OBJ and fitting it to the standard Genesis 2 Female, and I've tried also exporting it as a DAE and then just fitting the "suit" part of it to her . . . both with absolutely no luck. Each time, the bottoms fit perfectly, but the top piece of the armor is too "tall" for her. Which is weird, because I modeled it ON the base figure itself, with appropriate scaling. But no matter how I "scale" the armor in Maya or in Studio, when I run the Transfer Utility to fit the armor to the Genesis 2 Female Base, it comes out being too big! How can I get this $#@! thing to fit her properly? It seems that no matter what I do to it in Maya or in Studio, it just plain won't fit. Please help!!!

rendered.jpg
1440 x 810 - 105K
after_fitting.jpg
1920 x 1005 - 289K
step_3-transfer-utility.jpg
354 x 407 - 34K
step_2-import-into-Studio.jpg
359 x 276 - 26K
step_1-modeling-in-maya.jpg
1920 x 1005 - 384K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,131
    edited December 1969

What do you mean "appropriate scaling"? In order for Transfer Utility to work at its best the clothing must fit on the zeroed (no pose, no shape) figure.