Animal Fur

EmotionalOutlet3DEmotionalOutlet3D Posts: 243
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

At the moment I am primarily using Daz Studio but have started to play with Carrara - which I intend to spend more time learning later in the fall and winter .... when I'm not working non-stop 7 days a week. :( I've just gone through Holly's excellent tutorial on cat fur and very excited about it as I managed to render something closer to what I wanted than I've managed previously. But before I get too excited about the results ... but will I be able to use the animal with Carrara hair shader in Daz Studio? I thought I read somewhere that it is not possible .... Sorry if this is a very newbie question ... but that's what I am! Any answers very much appreciated.

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited December 1969

pretty sure 'no'. But that's just one more reason to ditch studio and move to carrara :)

• EmotionalOutlet3DEmotionalOutlet3D Posts: 243
    edited December 1969

Ah well that's too bad. Nothing is ever easy. :(

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

head wax said:
    pretty sure 'no'. But that's just one more reason to ditch studio and move to carrara :)
    Yup... it's a big "No" on that one, with the exception of rendering the Carrara hair/fur and applying the rendered image in DS! LOL

As cool as DS is, Carrara can take you places where DS would just render headaches, but then it seems that the opposite can also apply. While I'm still too darned happy in Carrara to run DAZ Studio, DS does have some tools that I want to use... but only to enhance my Carrara endeavors! ;)

edited December 1969

Sorry about that. I could be wrong. Things that are too easy... well everyone would be doing it, so somethings better if they are hard :)

edited December 1969

head wax said:
    Yup... it's a big "No" on that one, with the exception of rendering the Carrara hair/fur and applying the rendered image in DS! LOL

As cool as DS is, Carrara can take you places where DS would just render headaches, but then it seems that the opposite can also apply. While I'm still too darned happy in Carrara to run DAZ Studio, DS does have some tools that I want to use... but only to enhance my Carrara endeavors! ;)

sorry dart. didnt see your reply! cheers from ere :)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

head wax said:
    cheers from ere :)
    ...and back at you, from 'ere!
    Cheers, Mate!
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited August 2014

Agree with Dart and headwax. No going to D/S with Carrara hair. It is beautiful when you learn to use it!

Edited to add, that if you have the old DAZ Gorilla, you can drop the hair in this file onto Model in the Gorilla's hierarchy.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7370483/DAZ-Gorilla-Hair.car.zip

You'll need to manually place the file in your Object Browser. I would suggest the Hair directory if you have one.

Kong_Final.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by evilproducer on