Where can I get the Templates for the Genesis and Genesis 2 Figures?

Mage 13X13Mage 13X13 Posts: 433
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I know that on the Product Store Page of many DAZ 3D products, the templates can be found in the Resource Files panel. I've download them for M4, V4.2, and several other products. When I checked for a product page for Genesis and Genesis 2 Female and Male, I found that these product bundles don't have a Product Store Page! It is likely because they are included with DAZ Studio.

It seems to me that they must exist, because you cannot have such detailed textures without them. I have searched my own hard drive within and without the application, and have concluded that I do not have them or they are extremely well hidden., So I need help learning where to get them. I want to make some textures for the figures, and I need the templates for that.

Is there any of you that know where I can find the templates that are not available at the Product Store Pages?

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited August 2014

Go to My Account > Product Library and filter by Genesis 2 Starter Essentials. They'll be in the list of downloads- separate downloads for female/male. They'll be the only 2 files listed without DIM support.

G2_templates.png
    963 x 966 - 357K
    Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • Mage 13X13Mage 13X13 Posts: 433
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Go to My Account > Product Library and filter by Genesis 2 Starter Essentials. They'll be in the list of downloads- separate downloads for female/male. They'll be the only 2 files listed without DIM support.

Much appreciated! I don't know why I did not see that before. Most likely, because I am used to them being in the Resource Files on the Product Store Page.

Now I can keep those last few hairs on my head! lol

edited December 1969

Vaskania said:

Much appreciated! I don't know why I did not see that before. Most likely, because I am used to them being in the Resource Files on the Product Store Page.

Now I can keep those last few hairs on my head! lol
    OK, I got the Genesis 2 Female and Male figure templates, but I am still missing the Genesis figure Templates! The method described here in this thread does not work for that one. I know that Genesis can use the Gen 4 Mil Woman and Mil Man textures, and I do have those templates, but I thought there would be templates native to Genesis alone. There must be, as the meshes are different, are they not? I mean how can there be textures made specifically for Genesis if the templates do not exist?

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,164
    edited December 1969

Not by DAZ3D (can't find any trace here either), but some very useful seam guides by SnowSultan are available here: http://www.snowsultan.com
    These are the UV Maps with added coloured zones to line up textures more easily if you are creating your own.

edited December 1969

MelanieL said:
    Not by DAZ3D (can't find any trace here either), but some very useful seam guides by SnowSultan are available here: http://www.snowsultan.com
    These are the UV Maps with added coloured zones to line up textures more easily if you are creating your own.

Outstanding! Thanks a bunch! The color coding will be really handy! I bookmarked the site! ;)
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,164
    edited December 1969

Glad to be able to help :)