Damaged Ears

MoonCraft3DMoonCraft3D Posts: 379
edited December 2020 in Product Suggestions

Rips, tears, holes, and cut off sections [in ears] would be really cool to have as options for normal human ears, and fantasy ears. 

Would someone please make battle damage options for ears?

Edited for Please put your question in the post body and the title - Daz 3D Forums

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

@Sickleyield just fired up her computer!...She makes the coolest stuff, so I wouldn't be suprised if she does it! smiley

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,631

I would if I could!  The orc and vampire ears in Fantastical Features are pretty detailed at the edges, but you have to have the subD at 2 or 3 to see it.  The trouble is that the ears don't have that much geometry.  The only way to make realistic cauliflowered or ragged ears is with very high HD, and surely nobody wants to make their scene render a tenth as fast for higher detail in just the ear region?  A geograft wouldn't be much better because its edges have to be the same poly count as the geometry around it.

• SickleYield said:

I would if I could!  The orc and vampire ears in Fantastical Features are pretty detailed at the edges, but you have to have the subD at 2 or 3 to see it.  The trouble is that the ears don't have that much geometry.  The only way to make realistic cauliflowered or ragged ears is with very high HD, and surely nobody wants to make their scene render a tenth as fast for higher detail in just the ear region?  A geograft wouldn't be much better because its edges have to be the same poly count as the geometry around it.

What about making them add on ears? Like a 3d item that goes atop an existing ear on the models?

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,631

MoonCraft3D said:

SickleYield said:

What about making them add on ears? Like a 3d item that goes atop an existing ear on the models?

But then how would they blend?  If you have an item that is transmapped, it can't then have SSS, which skin shaders have to have.  So you can't have flesh blending items that have transmaps (unless you're blending a mertail or spider body where you can get away with no SSS because of the material type).  That's why I went to geograft first.