Converting old conforming clothing to superconforming

My recollection of this is as per Nerd3D's old guide, i.e. change all the :1 (or whatevers) to :2 and all the Figure 1 (or whatevers) to Figure 2, and then add a valueOpDeltaAdd to each master dial in the Body to slave it to Figure 1BODY:1, with the appropriate parameter name.

However, looking at some M4 superconforming items bought from DAZ, they don't appear to do it this way. Instead, all the slaved targetGeom channels have a valueOpDeltaAdd to slave them to just Figure (no suffix), BODY (no suffix), and the appropriate parameter name. They have master dials in the Body, but these are NOT slaved to anything. It appears that these master dials only work when the clothing item is NOT conformed to anything. When the item is conformed to M4 they have no effect - the individual targetGeom channels in the conformer appear to be slaved directly to the master dial in the target.

So my question is this: what's the recommended way to convert old conforming clothing to superconforming nowadays ?

Comments

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited December 2020

I've just been playing and noticed some unexpected behaviour.

If you twiddle one of the slaved dials in any of the superconformer body parts, then it behaves as if you'd actually twiddled the master dial - i.e. the master dial and all its slaved dials are set to whatever value you set.

So using the old way (change :1 to :2 etc), twiddling any superconformer body part slaved dial sets the master dial and all slaved dials.

But using the M4 items way (no suffixes), twiddling any superconformer body part slaved dial sets the master dial on the main figure. and all slaved dials on the superconformer. 

(I'm using Poser 11)

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,787

In the Properties tab of the Body Actor of the conformer, check Include Morphs. ..

edited December 2020

WandW said:

In the Properties tab of the Body Actor of the conformer, check Include Morphs. ..

???

I don't follow ? I'm manually editing the CR2's

Are you saying that I just need to load the clothing item into an empty scene, go to its Body actor, tick Include Morphs, then save it back to the library, et volià, superconformer ?

Ah ! I've just opened Poser 11 to have a check. Is superconforming now built-in to Poser via the 'When Conforming' > Include morphs on the clothing items parameter tab ?

edited December 2020

Thanks WandW, a quick test with the She-Freak 2 (for V3) bikini seems to confirm this. I loaded V3, injected SF2 'Hyper', loaded the bikini, ticked the boxes as shown, and then conformed the bikini to V3/SF2. Looks good to me. I'm not sure whether I should tick any of the other boxes too, i.e. Include scales*, Match end points, Follow origins, and Include Translations.

I then saved the bikini as a new figure (I think I unconfrmed it but it was still parented to V3), getting these two dialogues in the process which I Oked as shown (I definitely want to use exactly the same geometry - I don't want to duplicate it)

I then cleared the scene, reloaded V3, reapplied SF Hyper, loaded the new bikini and conformed it. That seemed to do the trick.

*(Just confirmed on another thread (link below) that 'Include Scales' needs to be ticked as well if you're conforming to Freak 4 because of the FreakScaleOn control which scales up parts of his upper body. I'm wondering now about the other three checkboxes)

Note to self: This thread and my Anybody recall the Poser fix to get Freak 4 working without that dent in his biceps ? thread are starting to overlap.

LikeSo.jpg
    598 x 500 - 74K
    SaveAs.jpg
    292 x 191 - 15K
    WhichGeom.jpg
    450 x 222 - 22K
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,787

3dcheapskate said:

Ah ! I've just opened Poser 11 to have a check. Is superconforming now built-in to Poser via the 'When Conforming' > Include morphs on the clothing items parameter tab ?

Yes, it was added a couple of versions ago.  smiley 

If you use Apollo Maximus you will also need to check Match End Points and Follow Origins on his shirts, IIRC...

• Re: IIRC - You have a good memory... laugh