!Panic Time! Content Database has Vanished!

scott_4e0b772ae4scott_4e0b772ae4 Posts: 50
edited August 2014 in Daz Studio Discussion

Don't know what happened. The last thing I did remotely related to DAZ Studio was use the Install Manager to delete Cararra and a few items that go with it. Trying to run DAZ Studio 4.6 and look in the content library - nothing there. (Win8).
The main directory where you organize your stuff is gone. This includes the sub directory "uncategorized" (I think that is what its called)
Run a content search and nothing happens. Re-installed DAZ Studio, nothing. Not even the default categories are appearing.

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Scott

So tried to "migrate the old content database" and get an error. the file it is looking for doesn't exist. tried recuva (undelete program) and couldn't find anything. No idea what the hell happened. This is really disturbing...
:ohh:

I have stopped and started CMS, restarted my computer...

Post edited by scott_4e0b772ae4 on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Did you install the PostgreSQL CMS?

• scott_4e0b772ae4scott_4e0b772ae4 Posts: 50
    edited December 1969

Yeah, but that was a while back... can't remember when for sure. I think my only option might be a database reset. Will suck but then I've been meaning to go through my content (nearly 800 items from DAZ alone) and delete non-compatible and outdated items. A lot of stuff that only works in DS3 or earlier and some stuff that only works with V4 or M4 not Genesis. Very frustrating but will have to do... should've had a backup...my own damn fault for not.