Moving whole figure messes with pose (V4)

I don't know what's causing this, but whenever I move a figure with translate, or rotate them, the arms and legs will spaz out.

This is wrecking my poses all the time! I have to save them, move the figure, reapply them, move again, reapply... this is taking the piss!

I've taken to locking every part of the whole figure every singe time I move something. I've disabled IK, but that doesn't change anything. The only thing that seems to make any difference is deleting all the IK nodes, but that doesn't resolve it every time.

Sorry if I seem grumpy, but the last three times I've posted with a problem, it's just been ignored. I'm kind of expecting to be ignored again.

Post edited by zededd2000_ec5053ff19 on

Comments

• Do you have the hands and feet pinned before moving the character? That could do it. The solution to that problem would be to unpin all first.

Regards,

Richard

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942

I would suggest expanding the base noe of the figure and looking to see if there are (most likely) 4 IK chain nodes.  If so, delete those and all will be well.

• I've had another thought, prompted by SimonJM's comment above. Click on the figure and all clothing and make a group out of it, and then translate the group. Having everything grouped together means you can hide the figure in one hit too. Means I've had no problems with the V3 based figure I use and the V3 IK chains without the need to delete the IK nodes.

Regards,

Richard.

• Hey all!

Thanks for the helpful replies. 

It seems to be tied directly to IK... Disabling IK does nothing, but deleting the base nodes (thank you SimonJM) and waiting a minute before trying again seems to solve most the issues.

Thanks to richardandtracy for the workaround too. I'll try this next scene.