Where is the smart content

menschtxmenschtx Posts: 8
edited August 2014 in Daz Studio Discussion

Being new to Daz3d studio 4, I've watched most of the videos and haven't yet seen item in the smart content yet. I've selected 'start cms', but nothing happens. I can see items on the right side in content library but still am bewildered. I did follow http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/dazcms_check, and with ctrl+alt+delete found daz content manager running. Any suggestions will help. Thank you.

Post edited by menschtx on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,123
    edited December 1969

Are you using the default Valentina database or did you install the PostgreSQL database?

• brainmuffinbrainmuffin Posts: 1,153
    edited December 1969

menschtx said:
    Being new to Daz3d studio 4, I've watched most of the videos and haven't yet seen item in the smart content yet. I've selected 'start cms', but nothing happens. I can see items on the right side in content library but still am bewildered. I did follow http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/dazcms_check, and with ctrl+alt+delete found daz content manager running. Any suggestions will help. Thank you.
    Only some of the content is smart and you have to have a model selected that has some. I find very little works with it on the human models, but it is good once a smart content item has been placed in the scene to find the various options. The content library is still a wild mass of confusion.
  • menschtxmenschtx Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

Are you using the default Valentina database or did you install the PostgreSQL database?
    I did find out that I have the Valentina database. Should I install the PostgreSQL database? I've searched here and on the net for insight, hoping you can help. Thank you
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,123
    edited December 1969

OK, I suspect your database is corrupt - check to see if the DAZ Content Management Service is stopping when you start DS (assuming it's running in the first place). If it is then you are probably not going to lose anything recoverable if you just give up on Valentina, install PostgreSQL and reimport the base metadata - go to the Content Library pane after installing PostgreSQL, with DS closed of course, click on the lined button in the top corner and from the menu pick Content DB Maintenance, check reimport Metadata, click Accept, and then click Accept in the dialogue listing all your products.

• menschtxmenschtx Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

Thanks Richard, I'll try this out and let you know.