zev0 - Growing up question

it8321itit8321it Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi zev0

Am just about to buy the growing up bundle but have a few questions before making final decision
The program is primarily to create kids from Genesis 2 characters

Q1. Can i use it and start with kids 4 characters converted to Genesis 2 then age them up
My main concern is the facial development as they get older since I have started with kids instead of adults

Q2. The age presets lists youngest at 5 years old, is it possible to go younger through manual manipulation using your program?

Q3. If not, how could this best be accomplished

Q4. If I wanted a 12 year old, would it be best to start with adult or kids textures since this is an intermediate age
Would teen textures be best in this situation

Q5. If I turned Victoria into a 7 year old would the skin textures still look good or would it be best to use K4 converted textures in place of the original

Q6. Would the Victoria & Michael 6 HD textures be just as successful at becoming younger as the standard textures

Thanks for your help
As soon as I know things will work I can go ahead and purchase
Regards M

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited December 1969

it8321it said:
    Hi zev0

Am just about to buy the growing up bundle but have a few questions before making final decision
    The program is primarily to create kids from Genesis 2 characters

Q1. Can i use it and start with kids 4 characters converted to Genesis 2 then age them up
    My main concern is the facial development as they get older since I have started with kids instead of adults

Q2. The age presets lists youngest at 5 years old, is it possible to go younger through manual manipulation using your program?

Q3. If not, how could this best be accomplished

Q4. If I wanted a 12 year old, would it be best to start with adult or kids textures since this is an intermediate age
    Would teen textures be best in this situation

Q5. If I turned Victoria into a 7 year old would the skin textures still look good or would it be best to use K4 converted textures in place of the original

Q6. Would the Victoria & Michael 6 HD textures be just as successful at becoming younger as the standard textures

Thanks for your help
    As soon as I know things will work I can go ahead and purchase
    Regards M

Q1. Not really. These make older figures younger via dialling up the youth morph. If already a kid, eg a kid4 character preset, I doubt this product will do anything beneficial.

Q2. No. The youngest I designed this product is to go 5 years, not any younger.

Q3. You could try exceeding the youth morph limit of 100% and go higher EG 120%. That should take it below 5 years. I have no idea what the result will be.

Q4. Textures are a hit and miss, EG. you can use some adult textures that can pass as a kids texture and vise versa. It all depends on what type of details that texture contains. EG if you are making a young character, an adult texture with body hair won't really work lol.

Q5. What type of texture you use is your choice. If it looks good and convincing to you at a younger age, then use it.

Q6. Are you talking about textures, or HD details? If its HD details then it might look a bit strange.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,119
    edited December 1969

Moved to DAZ Studio Discussion - the PA Commercial forum is for PAs posting threads for their products, not for questions about products.

• it8321itit8321it Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Am I correct in assuming that your youth morph cannot produce proper body proportions below 5 years?

I am converting my K4 characters to Genesis 2, would their body proportions be better than 5y preset from growing up
    I noticed the result is taller on your product page

Starting with Kids 4 could I achieve good results for size change using shape shifter

Exactly which morph controls the face change in Growing up?

Are there any other products that change the face of a person as they age within childhood years?

edited August 2014

Am I correct in assuming that your youth morph cannot produce proper body proportions below 5 years?

It can, but was not designed to exceed the morph limit set. So results might be unpredictable.

I am converting my K4 characters to Genesis 2, would their body proportions be better than 5y preset from growing up
    I noticed the result is taller on your product page

Personally, I dislike Kids4 proprtions. It's not really accurate. The shoulders are way too broad for a child and the head size is a bit big. They look like dolls in my eyes. With regards to height, my height setting is gathered from average height data from 5 yr olds across the world. If you wish to change the height or proportions, the Genesis body morphs or Shape Shift will assist you, but I wanted to give the best and most accurate base for people to work from.

Starting with Kids 4 could I achieve good results for size change using shape shifter

Yes you can, all depends on what you want to achieve. Shape Shift has enough morphs to change the proprtions and size of your characters.

Exactly which morph controls the face change in Growing up?

None really. It is dynamically embedded into the youth morph which controls the age. EG - the basic face structure & facial proprtions of a 5yr. The product was designed to make older characters younger, and not really merge existing young characters such as K4. Although I am pretty sure you can blend the K4 faces into the youth morph at a percentage to get a good blend, but not at 100%.

Are there any other products that change the face of a person as they age within childhood years?

There are, but none that I really liked, and none for the Genesis platform as far as I can remember. I think there is one for V4 over at rendo, but I didn't find it convincing enough.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

The morph limit set you mention - is this your own morph or from another source

Most K4 characters have their own body morphs so the base K4 shape is not so relevant

As an update for Growing up could you separate the head and body aging process
    It would make growing up far more versatile

edited December 1969

The limit mentioned is the one I set on the morph. In terms of an update to seperate the head and body I don't know. If I do an update I will probably just create a face eraser morph that sets the face to default state. By spliting the morph means I have to re-save out the enitre product and its presets, which is not really an option.

edited December 1969

Renderosity has both M4 & V4 - Fountain of Youth
    But as you say nothing for Genesis or Genesis 2

An idea for a new product perhaps or as I suggested earlier separate head and body for the youth morph in Growing Up

edited August 2014

No need to seperate head and body if I can just create a morph on top to neurtralize the face to default state:) I will look into an update that will include such a morph. Only reason I have not done so is because it is something that hasn't been requested, because in a way, it breaks the products features. EG taking out the youth face on a youth morph would result in an adult face on a childs body etc.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Actually it is the ability to get age below 5 years since there is a big jump between that and the free toddler for Genesis available on CG websiste
    Body shape is easy to make smaller but aging the face younger than 5 would be a lot of manual work
    Would there be much work to reduce the age from 5 to 3 then any younger would use the toddler morph

edited December 1969

You would basically have to resculpt the facial proportions. From ages 1-3 the face undergoes radical changes in terms of developement.

edited December 1969

Ages 1-3, yes radical development
    But 3 to 5 is not so big a change but more change than from 5 to 7
    How about adding 3,5 - 5 years so you end up with something a bit younger than 5

edited December 1969

Now I have Growing up bundle, Shape shift M+F, Skin builder & possibly vascularity bundle on my shopping list for next month
    Any chance there will be a sale next month?

edited December 1969

it8321it said:
    Ages 1-3, yes radical development
    But 3 to 5 is not so big a change but more change than from 5 to 7
    How about adding 3,5 - 5 years so you end up with something a bit younger than 5

Unfortunately I cannot focus on that at this stage. The current new products have to be completed before I can revisit and update older products. Each new product has a specific deadline I have to meet.

edited December 1969

it8321it said:
    Now I have Growing up bundle, Shape shift M+F, Skin builder & possibly vascularity bundle on my shopping list for next month
    Any chance there will be a sale next month?

There should be:) September is the PA sale month. So yes, the stores will be on discount on specific days when that PA has a product released.

edited December 1969

I wish you every success for your next product for which you have a deadline
    Have you given a preview of what it is yet?

edited December 1969