Is there any way to see the frame line when looking through a camera?

eric suscheric susch Posts: 130
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

When you are looking through a camera in DAZ Studio, what you see depends on how big your main viewport is and what menus you have on the sides. Is there any way to see the exact frame line of what will render so you can more accurately place the camera?

Comments

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914
    edited December 1969

If you go to the render tab and in the dropdown for views, select your camera
    The render area will have a white box around it. Using the rotate, scrolling to zoom, and the cross-hair slide adjusts the position of the camera.

You can check this by taking note of the position and rotation values of the camera in the pose/animate tab, then doing what I said above. When you go back to the pose/animate, you will see that all your transition and rotation values for your camera have changed.

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

When you are looking through a camera in DAZ Studio, what you see depends on how big your main viewport is and what menus you have on the sides. Is there any way to see the exact frame line of what will render so you can more accurately place the camera?

In the upper right corner of your viewport, where the viewport tools are (The cube and the rotate, zoom, etc) there is a dropdown menu... looks like 3 parallel lines. In this menu, you have the option to display the aspect frame.

• eric suscheric susch Posts: 130
    edited December 1969

kaotkbliss and Slosh,

Thanks! Turning on Show Aspect Frame did the trick. I knew there had to be a control like that somewhere.

Cheers!

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914
    edited December 1969

Thanks Slosh, I learned something new!

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

Glad to help :) There are usually several ways to do the same thing in any software, but I think this is the simplest way for this particular request