Octane plugin purchasing over at OTOY

chris poolechris poole Posts: 124
edited August 2014 in Carrara Discussion

Hi all, long time no type.
I'm trying to figure out the plugin purchasing over at OTOY.
I have V1.xx and it looks like it's been updated to V1.5 in my account and I'm assuming I can use my existing license, there is also a V2.0 but I haven't a license.
So' do I need to buy the Carrara plugin and version 2.0 standalone or will V1.5 work with the Carrara plugin.
Also can you still get the V1.xx plugin for Daz Studio that works with V1.5 standalone or below.
I think what I'm trying to ask is what works with what versions. Thanks in advance.

Post edited by chris poole on

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

I don't know what OTOY is.

• chris poolechris poole Posts: 124
    edited December 1969

Sorry I mean Octane Render, it's developed by Otoy, I tried to post this on the Octane thread a few below but it appears I pressed a new thread. Thanks.

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,716
    edited December 1969

For the Carrara plugin you will need to upgrade your stand alone license to V2. The DS plugin still uses the 1.2 dll's. You can download the most recent version of the DS plugin from the DS subforum on Otoy's web site. You can have both the DS plugin and the Carrara plugin installed on the same computer without any problems (the both use executable that are independent of the version of Octane you have installed on your system.

Hope this helps

edited December 1969

dustrider said:
    For the Carrara plugin you will need to upgrade your stand alone license to V2. The DS plugin still uses the 1.2 dll's. You can download the most recent version of the DS plugin from the DS subforum on Otoy's web site. You can have both the DS plugin and the Carrara plugin installed on the same computer without any problems (the both use executable that are independent of the version of Octane you have installed on your system.

Hope this helps

Yes it does help, thank you.
    Some more questions if I may. Is V1.5 an upgrade to V1.2, and will it work with DS plugin.
    Sorry about asking and not trying' but I only have one monitor at the moment and it's not connected to my Octane rendering machine. Thanks again.
  • DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,716
    edited December 1969

dustrider said:

Hope this helps

Some more questions if I may. Is V1.5 an upgrade to V1.2, and will it work with DS plugin.
    Sorry about asking and not trying' but I only have one monitor at the moment and it's not connected to my Octane rendering machine. Thanks again.
    Yes, 1.5 is an upgrade (free) to 1.2. I have 1.2, 1.5, 2.0 all installed (in different directories), as well as the DS plugin and the Carrara Plugin.
    edited December 1969

dustrider said:
    dustrider said:

Hope this helps

Yes, 1.5 is an upgrade (free) to 1.2. I have 1.2, 1.5, 2.0 all installed (in different directories), as well as the DS plugin and the Carrara Plugin.

Excellent!, thank you for your help.