How to create realistic smooth and soft female bodies?

XoechZXoechZ Posts: 1,102
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello!

I am using Genesis 2 Female in all of my images and there is one problem:

They do not look realistic. I want to create real looking femlaes with soft and smooth bodies, as they are in real life. All the DAZ girls look like highly stylized and very athletic super models. Even the more curvy models like Olympia have too much definition and shape- especially in the belly, hip and tigh regions. Real women simply do not look like this, because I think that the female tissue is not made for a shape like this.
I know many women who are doing a lot of sports and who are in a very good shape, but even they are far away from the "usual DAZ female" shape.

So, is it possible to create realistic soft and smooth female bodies with G2F and the available morph packs? If yes, how are you doing it?

Any suggestions are very welcome.

Thank you!

Comments

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited December 1969

There are several PAs who make female characters that are smooth and curvy as you describe. Look for character products in the DAZ store. These are test renders of ones I'm working on. They rely on morphs made in a 3D modeler. As well as that, if you want to try to make your own shapes but don't use 3D modeling programs or ones such as ZBrush, you could purchase the morphs from DAZ to try making shapes you're looking for if you are using G2F. There are such products for previous versions as well.

• XoechZXoechZ Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the answer!

No, I am not a modeler, just a hobby artist :-) I use DAZ Studio and the products available for it.

And yes, I do own the morph packs you mentioned, along with some others. But I made the experience, that most of these morphs make it even "worse" - they add more details and definition. Or I am just blind or too dumb to use them correctly. Oh, and they dont have to be curvy. Even slim girls have smooth bodies in real life :-)

If you want to, just do a quick google search for "women bikini" or something like that. Then look at their bellies, hips and tighs and compare that to the DAZ girls. Then you see what I mean.

edited December 1969

When playing with the dials, make small percentage changes. Too often people either dial 100% or nothing. If you're mixing and matching morphs in the same vicinity, then you really want to play with small percentage changes and you'll get much nicer results. You CAN do larger percentages, but so you have room to mix, don't go to the highest percentage.

• XoechZXoechZ Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

Yes, I know. Maybe I simply have to try it more and more. The shape itself (meaning the shiluette) is really no problem. With all the morph packs you can easily get everything from super slim to very curvy and it all looks good. I just want to have less details, less definition and "non-athletic" bodies with some natural "problem areas" which can be very sexy in my eyes :-)

edited December 1969

Since I see the G2F figure as pretty non-athletic and not having the kind of details your describing, perhaps if you could show me what you mean and are trying to achieve, I might be able to give you some things to try. :)

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,328
    edited December 1969

have you tried applying the smoothing moderator to the figure this should smooth any details out.